My "gateway" watch was an Invicta 8926 that was COSC accurate that suddenly stopped. I actually posted here for explanation/solution to no avail.
Anyway, I stuck it in a drawer and forgot about it. I recently found it again and to my surprise, it started "ticking" albeit with less than stellar accuracy that it used to have.
Since my Invicta days, I have learned a great deal about watches from this very forum. Thinking back, I believe my watch was magnetized. I used to have an old school clock radio and I used to place my watch near (and sometimes on) before I went to bed. I think the clock radio had unshielded speaker.
My question is can a magnetized watch somehow get de-magnetized? Does the magnetism somehow dissipate with time?