Mailing to Canada

Thread: Mailing to Canada

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Mailing to Canada

What is an average time to mail to Canada? I mailed a watch via the sales forum on 2JAN from Nebraska to (Corrected St. Albert, Alberta. The buyer says he has not receive it yet. I did not ship it EMS overnight or anything, just priority mail international. He says he has not received it yet.

It will be 10 Business days tomorrow. Is that normal?
    Last edited by Alathea; January 21st, 2009 at 05:36.
    "...All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.....
    ----------------------------------

Re: Mailing to Canada

sending straps time varied between 5-17 days

cory
    hamilton khaki Field Auto Chrono-black
    Marathon GSAR
    Tag Kirium Quartz
    Seiko PMMM Mod
    PAM Hommage

Sent a couple of watches to Canada on Dec.29 from Virginia. One was sent to Vancouver which arrived today (Jan.15), the other was sent to Toronto which arrived on Jan. 13. I used USPS, was actually worried but everything worked out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

buyer said he bought a watch from the east coast on the 7th and has it in hand. I just don't want to ruin a forum experience.

Moderator: F72 and F71 AlbertaTime's Avatar

It's St Albert, not St. Alberta, Alberta. Perfectly understandable error (absolutely no insult intended...I blame my things like that on stuff I ate in the Sixties) but Canada Post can be weird if there are small errors in the address, like right city but wrong postal code, or a misspelled city or town name.

I've seen times when even a moment's thought on the part of a sorter would have set things right, but nooooooooooo...return to sender like Elvis.

Really, Canada Post is just dandy way more often than not, but sometimes...

(and I just re-read your post. 10 days or more is perfectly normal in my experience and I order online from the US fairly often. I expect two weeks or so, but sometimes it's quicker.)
    Last edited by AlbertaTime; January 16th, 2009 at 08:45. Reason: html
    Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River (AMCH/PR) 中国手表博物馆,皮斯里弗,艾伯塔省; Member: China Horologe Association; Chief Expert: China Watch Overseas Working Committee (CWOWC), a formally instituted CHA Working Committee; Sino-Canadian Horological Cultural Affairs Advisor: Guangzhou Watches and Clocks Association

Thanks albertatime. I linked this thread in a PM to the buyer, and conveyed my apologies, but it been right at 10 business days Friday. Monday is a US holiday, that will add some time as well should it not be there yet.

Moderator: F72 and F71 AlbertaTime's Avatar

Alathea: If I was mailed something on January 2nd from the States, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to get it sometime around the 15th-20th. I'm also sure things were still a bit hectic from Christmas at both country's postal facilities on January 2nd.

Sure, I'd prefer faster myself so I understand your buyer's justifiable anxiety but three weeks just isn't all that weird. For some reason, it's faster sometimes from China to here in Alberta.
    Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River (AMCH/PR) 中国手表博物馆,皮斯里弗,艾伯塔省; Member: China Horologe Association; Chief Expert: China Watch Overseas Working Committee (CWOWC), a formally instituted CHA Working Committee; Sino-Canadian Horological Cultural Affairs Advisor: Guangzhou Watches and Clocks Association

I'm surprised when it takes less than three weeks. Four weeks is more the norm.

-Dave

So...here is the screen I get when entering the customs receipt into USPS.com. Gentleman says he has not received the watch and says his postal guy told him 10 days tops. Thoughts?

*?!?!?!?*

V8

Sometimes the tracking isn't updated until the item is delivered.

I'm sure you'll be fine, 10 to 15 business days seems about right.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with your front end. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with your rear end. Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall. Torque is how far you move the wall.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information