Maintenace Service - I donīt want to wait 3 months...
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Maintenace Service - I donīt want to wait 3 months...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Maintenace Service - I donīt want to wait 3 months...

Hello,

My AD called me today and they informed me that If I send my watch to Breitling official maintenance service, they will take 3 months to perform a general maintenance service…

3 months is a lot of time…

Should I take my watch to a "general" watchmaker?

I heard that Breitling always polish the watches during maintenance service, but I donīt want my watch to be polished because the watch was recently polished…

P.S: The watch is a 2001 Breitling Superocean A17340 that I bought a few weeks ago...
    Gary123 likes this.

Re: Maintenace Service - I donīt want to wait 3 months...

Any competent, certified watchmaker can perform the service you desire. Almost certainly for less money than the manufacturer. So, let's see here.... prompt service, competitive price and no polish if you don't desire it. Perhaps I'm not understanding the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Don View Post
    Any competent, certified watchmaker can perform the service you desire. Almost certainly for less money than the manufacturer. So, let's see here.... prompt service, competitive price and no polish if you don't desire it. Perhaps I'm not understanding the question.
    THere must be a difference between sending a watch to an official Breitling maintenance service or sending to a unknown watchmaker that can screw your watch/scratching/replacing original parts with knockoffs or whatever...
    bigvatch likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by High Roller View Post
    THere must be a difference between sending a watch to an official Breitling maintenance service or sending to a unknown watchmaker that can screw your watch/scratching/replacing original parts with knockoffs or whatever...
    I think you missed the part about COMPETENT and CERTIFIED--you asked for advice, Don's advice was sound--but, if you want to pay twice what your local COMPETENT and CERTIFIED watchmaker charges, and wait two or three times as long, go for it, send your 18 year old watch to Breitllng.
    dt75 likes this.

"Three months is a long time!"

"not when that's what the doc tell you you got left"
    41Mets and fish70 like this.

That's a throw away watch, just buy a new one. Said many posters on this site!!

Sent from my K92 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    I think you missed the part about COMPETENT and CERTIFIED--you asked for advice, Don's advice was sound--but, if you want to pay twice what your local COMPETENT and CERTIFIED watchmaker charges, and wait two or three times as long, go for it, send your 18 year old watch to Breitllng.
    I asked for help, and you are being rude!!!

... competent, certified watchmaker...

I don't think he was suggesting just giving it to a mall kiosk battery changer :)

If you give your location, you might get some suggestions on a local watchmaker.

Send it to a competent certified watchmaker. You'll pay less and get it back faster.
    This may not happen to you, but I'm relaying a story from my personal experience: I bought a 12-year old Patek Philippe Nautilus. After a few weeks, the seconds hand became erratic. I figured I would send it to Stern Agency in New York (I live in the USA). Never mind the expense of having the manufacturer service the watch. By the time I received the watch back nine months later, I had completely lost interest in the watch. I wore it a few times, then traded it for something newer.
    You're not "vested" in your relationship with the Breitling. I would expect the Breitling authorized service center to be the ultimately reliable source for servicing a Breitling watch. I would also expect they should honor your request to not polish the watch. But a three-month wait for a watch I have owned a few weeks would completely turn me off to the watch. YMMV.

I asked for help, and you are being rude!!!
    Not at all--you got excellent advice right from the start, yet for some reason you focused on "any" (watchmaker) while I focused on what you apparently overlooked by your comments ("...unknown watchmaker that can screw your watch/scratching/replacing original parts with knockoffs or whatever...")--a COMPETENT and CERTIFIED watchmaker would not incur these problems--best of luck.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information