WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Making your own watch

343 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  SomeAssemblyRequired 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

Im considering making my own watch. Can you fellow WUSer provide some info where i could and should buy the movement, case, dial etc.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Tuker

#4 ·
I just finished that project! It was an exercise in patience and humility. But in the end, the results were (to me), nothing short of amazing! I wear mine nearly daily now, leaving the Rolex at home to collect dust.

PM me if you want any suggestions.

#6 ·
Also check out the "school" on TimeZone dot com under the Resources tab. The suggested package of tools and parts to be used while taking the PDF-based course comes with a basic movement, or you can buy your own. The course leads you through all the basics, where you disassemble and reassemble the ETA 2801 movement. The ofrei website has a great inventory of cases, hands, etc. There are several parts you'll need to purchase that don't show up on a list of what you'll need to case that movement -- the dial rest support and possibly the hour wheel to name two. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.