Malfunction of Hacking Function - Page 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Malfunction of Hacking Function

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Malfunction of Hacking Function

Ok, then in it goes for service. If the warranty is expired you could get that work done locally by a competent watch repair shop. Probably for less than Swatch.

Given the age of the watch I would send it in for a full service.
    I agree.

And if you do a bit of research I am sure you can find a competent watchmaker to service the watch, as I would try that route first rather than having to deal with Swatch....

That can be a long and sometimes, very expensive journey.....
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Victor25 View Post
    The hands can still be adjusted. It works just like a watch with non-hacking function where I can adjust the hr and min hands while the seconds hand is still moving.
    You did inspect the movement prior to purchase to confirm that it is genuine? Correct?

The stop lever (56.070) is a fairly decent design. I guess you could wear out (or spring) either end though with enough use (or abuse).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Courtesy of ULF.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I tried to verify its authenticity to the best of my limited knowledge.
    The serial numbers on the lug and movement match the one on the warranty card.
    Pithy, from the info u have provided above, may I assume that if I continue to use the malfunctioning hacking function, it will wear out certain components of the watch?

Was the watch sold in as is condition? Can you return it for a full refund?

If the lever breaks [unlikely] and a piece of it becomes lodged in an inopportune place - damage could occur. If it's dragging on the balance it wouldn't be running or it wouldn't be keeping reliable time. If the stem accoutrements were going to be damaged - that would have alreadly occurred. I guess you could be scratching a sprung lever on the plate though.

If you submit this for service, be aware:

Not every watchmaker has the tools or knowledge to service the coaxial. You need a microscope and a timing machine that recognizes this rate. The handling and lubrication of the escape wheel is a very particular thing. I take great pleasure in depriving the service center of the odd Rolex job and most are as common as sin. The service center deserves the 2500's as punishment. Plus you have more than one person to beat on when it does stop. Not Omega's finest iteration.
    Courtesy of ULF.

You could run it without any major problems but given that the movement is a nice piece of kit I would have it fully serviced. I saw some pictures once of an Omega that had been allowed to run until it stopped. They weren't a pretty sight so get yours looked at.

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    You could run it without any major problems . . . .
    Dear sticky:

Did you ask permission to use the crystal ball (Bergeon part #930672) ?

Have you previously completed the requisite training for its use?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Courtesy of ULF.

Oh wow, that's the blue-dial 2500. A gorgeous watch, and one that's not always easy to find used. It's rather sketchy that you were sold a watch with a defect, but if it's in nice shape it might be hard to find a replacement, and it needs a service anyway. Just get a full service done and enjoy your amazing watch.

Managed to contact the seller. He offered to repair the watch and offered me a 90% refund. I would keep the watch box and warranty card in the meantime.
    Once the watch is repaired, I would buy the watch back at the amount that he refunded me.
    Sounds good to me but hopefully there would be no more problems after I get back the watch!

Would it be repaired at the authorized service center? Not to add to your worries but I have heard of botched 2500 servicing in sg.
    Some 3rd party servicing it thought it was a simple 2892-A2 and messed up the co-axial parts.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information