Malfunction of Hacking Function
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Malfunction of Hacking Function

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Malfunction of Hacking Function

I bought an used Omega Aqua Terra (2500B) 2504.80 today. To my horror, when I pulled out the crown to set the time, the seconds hand continued moving.
    May I know what's wrong with the watch? I want to clarify that I am not a troll and certainly not a basher of the 2500 movement.

Re: Malfunction of Hacking Function

Sounds like it didn't just click in place...Happens if you don't pull it out all the way. Try again.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

I have tried numerous times pulling out the crown. Sometimes it hacks, sometimes it does not. I am very sure that I pulled out the crown correctly and all the way :(

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The 2500 movement has 2 crown out position, 1 to set date and the other to adjust the time by pulling it all the way out. Did u check if u left it in the correct position?
    If so, I'm guessing the issue might lie with the crown or the hacking lever.

Yup, I have checked carefully and am very sure that I pulled out the crown to the correct position. I guess its the hacking lever.
    If that's the case, can any competent watchmaker repair this or I have to send it to Swatch Group for repair? Thank you so much for the replies so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor25 View Post
    Yup, I have checked carefully and am very sure that I pulled out the crown to the correct position. I guess its the hacking lever.
    If that's the case, can any competent watchmaker repair this or I have to send it to Swatch Group for repair? Thank you so much for the replies so far!
    If that's it...Any good watch guy can handle it I think.
    Seeing how it's used...I would advise you to have it completely serviced.
    Last edited by little big feather; May 14th, 2014 at 18:53.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Thank you for your advice! It's a 9-year old and I guess it is time for a complete servicing.
    Another check, if I ignore the malfunction of the hacking function and continue wearing it, this will not cause any harm to the rest of the watch rite?

Given the age of the watch I would send it in for a full service. Gorgeous watch by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor25 View Post
    Not to belabor a point but when you pulled the crown out to the hack seconds position could you also adjust the hands? Please verify that before sending the watch off.

Separately do you know if the watch has ever been serviced? If not I agree it is time for a service on that lovely watch.
    Last edited by John MS; May 14th, 2014 at 19:05.

The hands can still be adjusted. It works just like a watch with non-hacking function where I can adjust the hr and min hands while the seconds hand is still moving.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information