Manual (hand) Wind watch
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Manual (hand) Wind watch

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Manual (hand) Wind watch

Hi Guys.

This is my first post on this forum and I am excited about sharing space with all you wonderful watch connoisseurs. I have a small budget to operate with about 2000$ (max) and I am looking for a manual wind watch whose components (read strap) are made of any material that is not sourced from animals (such as leather etc). Any Suggestions ? My only claim to fame is a Tissot PR 50 Chronograph (for that is all I could afford when I was a student )

I look forward to hearing from you guys!!!

Thank You
    Ns

Re: Manual (hand) Wind watch

Welcome!

You can fit an aftermarket mesh, perlon, or rubber strap to most watches if you wish. Do you want a dressy watch or sporty? Chronograph? Do you wish to spend $2000, or would $1000 do?

pretty much any hand wind then once you put any strap you want on. Any more preferred styles to borrow down your choice?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hey Guys!,

It feels awesome to hear from you experts! ..

Well, if I had to put my finger on one specification, I dare say I am looking for a watch which comes with a stainless steel/metal (titanium - although I am sure this is out of my reach) bracelet - I work for an animal rights organization back home and cannot purchase products such as leather/skin etc - it is a different thing if the manufacture is willing to replace a leather/skin bracelet with a steel one right out of the shop.

Secondly, I must confess that while asking you guys for advice here, I have also been snooping around the net a bit myself .. And I have fallen in love with the Tag Heuer Carrera - Manual Wind. Any idea how much one costs and how much I will have to stretch my budget by ?

(not that I am gonna ever be looking to spend more - a watch south of 1000$ will equally do)

I thank you guys once again for your help - I know it can get boring and monotonous helping a newbie !!

Cheers
    Ns

I don't know of a manual wind TAG but check jomashop for an idea of price.

$2000 and under covers a lot of watches. As others have mentioned you can get aftermarket straps and bracelets that are not made from animal hide for any watch.

Look around the sale forum - there is a lot of value in used pieces there. Watches that retail for thousands can often be purchased there in like new condition for 1/3-1/2 of original price.

Guys!

Your views are incredibly helpful. In fact I am trying to short list brands which I can reach in my budget. I am right now looking at Tissot/Raymond Weil/Longines/Omega/(and may be) Fredrique Constant (But I don't seem to be able to find a manual wind in any of them!!) -Am I looking at something wrong ? Only automatics seem to be coming up - I'd much appreciate if if you guys can mange to to send me links to or post here manual winds in these brands (or any other that you deem can be got in 2000$).

Many thanks again guys and sorry for the trouble!!!

If I think about a handwind, not on leather, my first thought is the Junghans Max Bill Handaufzug on mesh:
    Name:  img57053383.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  93.4 KB

It is a bit small at 35mm, the auto is a tad larger at 38.
    jsw41 and John MS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin_B View Post
    If I think about a handwind, not on leather, my first thought is the Junghans Max Bill Handaufzug on mesh:
    Name:  img57053383.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  93.4 KB

It is a bit small at 35mm, the auto is a tad larger at 38.

35 mm is NOT small for a dress watch.

Here are the search results for "manual wind" on Jomashop, a pretty reputable grey market seller. It might give you some ideas to narrow things down. Granted, their focus is on more expensive watches, but it helps to get a look at what's out there. If you can tell folks here what size, style (at least dress/diver/casual), and any features (chronograph, day/date, etc.) you're looking for more, you'll get better recommendations.
    Last edited by dbostedo; October 21st, 2014 at 15:41.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information