Marathon TSAR Help

Thread: Marathon TSAR Help

Marathon TSAR Help

Hello!

I am going through a bit of a PayPal dispute at the moment.

I sold my 9 month old Tsar bought from an authorised seller to someone through PayPal. They confirmed the receipt of the watch and confirmed it was in perfect condition.

I had absolutely no issues with this watch yet yesterday after the buyer owning the watch for +10 days is claiming the watch is faulty and would like a refund and subsequently sent me a grainy video of the stopped watch which he then shakes vigorously in the clip.

I am concerned that he has either damaged the watch or just wants a refund and has opened a dispute. I have suggested many ways to rectify the situation as the watch is still under warranty.

Anyway my question is from a functional standpoint I find it hard to believe that a military grade dive watch has just stopped working without any kind of user error.

Are there any likely causes for the watch just stopping as he claimed? Any suggestions from my part are responded with f***ing this and that.

Any Marathon owners had any similar issues?

Thanks guys.
    Tom

Re: Marathon TSAR Help

He's the buyer and with PP the buyer always wins. Refund and then send the watch in for repair. And ,yes, it could be broken. Even if it isn't you'll get the short end from PP.

A lot can happen during shipping. Not just physically, but also magnetically. This is the risk you take when buying/selling a watch and then shipping it, especially with PayPal. I purchased a Steinhart and had the hairspring get caught and the watch was running minutes fast every hour. Turns out it got bumped in shipping and I had to bring it to a watchmakers to have fixed. These things happen. Take the loss and move on.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Would there be something that could happen during shipping that meant it stopped after 10 days?

I don’t know much about the TSAR, but could he have left the crown unscrewed and jumped in the drink? Could he simply have left the crown in the “set” position? Could the battery have crapped out? I mean, did you run through all the basics with him?

Unfortunately not. The watch was sent with all the documents/ instructions and original packaging. The only thing I can possibly think that is in my favour is that he owned the watch for 13 days with no issues.

It seems to me if Paypal immediately take his side that it's incredibly easy to claim a faulty item. As what is issued and marketed as a military grade and issued dive watch I find it hard to believe that it has just died. Especially as the quartz model should be more robust than any automatic movement.

If the watch is returned and sent in for warranty repair and for example the watch has water damage - I wonder whether that changes anything on PayPal's side.

Now is just the waiting game to see the outcome of the dispute.

Marathon don’t use wimpy little movements in their quartz models but this is no guarantee that a fault hasn’t developed.

Hi Guys.

Just an update to those still interested.

Paypal put the claim through in his favour after admitting to me the buyer provided no evidence the watch was faulty. Apparently back office decisions are final. This is the thing that bugs me the most. They kept telling me get the watch back in your possession then give us a call back.

I picked up the watch this morning and It's seemingly running fine so I have 10 days to dispute the decision should anything go wrong in the mean time.

Seems to me that this guy just wanted out of the sale..

Anyway hopefully it'll keep running fine but i'll go get it checked out after the 10 day period.

Thread Information