Marathon TSAR or MTM Warrior

Thread: Marathon TSAR or MTM Warrior

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Marathon TSAR or MTM Warrior

Hi everyone,

I've been stalking this forum for the better part of three months, this forum has fed my watch addiction LOL, but now I need advice.

I've looking for a good watch that can take a beating (I work in LE) and I'm down to the Marathon TSAR or the MTM Warrior.

I know the MTM watches are looked down upon as they (MTM) really over did the "special ops" stuff. With that aside I will tell you what I like about both,

starting with the MTM.

Warrior
    large
    black case
    sapphire crystal
    tritium
    3 year warranty
    200m WR
    24mm lug width
    assortment of watch bands available from MTM.

I don't like the price, and feel that it is over priced much do the the fact of the TV Show 24 $545 and add another band and you are looking at $600.00

Also have heard that customer service is not good.

What I like about the Marathon

Large
    300m WR
    tritium
    3mm thick saphire crystal
    know it is built like a tank
    Really made for the military
    Cost $450 at county comm

What I don't like about the Marathon

1 year warranty
    silver in color
    20mm lug width

I have wanted the MTM for about two years know but just couldn't justify the money, also wondering about the Quality, so if people could post any good and bad stories about this watch or the Marathon TSAR please post them.

I just found also in another forum that the Marathon TSAR uses one of the cheapest movements on the the market about a $7 dollar movement acording to this poster. The movement is an ISA

I know the Marathon is built like a tank, some people say the MTM is too, but then others say they (MTM) fall apart and are junk. Uses the Ronda movement, which is better.

This watch as to last until I can get a Sinn U1 or UX,

Thanks in advance,

-Brian
    Last edited by underarmour68; March 14th, 2009 at 02:37.

Re: Marathon TSAR or MTM Warrior

I don't know anything about either watch,other than how they look.So if i was to choose one it would be the Marathon.They are pretty popular on this site,and if you were to sell it sometime down the road i think it would sell pretty easy,and probably hold it's value better,since it's a just better known..Good luck
    Mike

Lightbulb Re: Marathon TSAR or MTM Warrior

TSAR based upon rep, simplicity, experience with Marathon company, price, looks.......

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Marathon TSAR gets my vote. I've heard nothing but good reviews about it and I just prefer its more modest appearance.

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by dano144 View Post
    TSAR based upon rep, simplicity, experience with Marathon company, price, looks.......
    seconded....

Inactive

Yep

Simple. Marathon, no contest. Do it and youwill never regret it,ever.
    Scott

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Thank you everyone who has posted recommendations and personal experience. I have been thinking about it and I'm going to go with a luminox color mark (orange), and just get an invisible shield for the crystal, as the shields are awesome. For the price I don't think I can go wrong, as I love luminox, have had two of them, and only have good things to say about them.
    I can get a colormark for $230.00 and it should last for some time.

I will never get an MTM after Plissken confirmed my concerns about quality.

-Brian

I have both a Marathon and a luminox, Save up for the Marathon! It is on a different level than the luminox. You won't be disappointed.

Marathon:

Luminox:

To be fair, the luminox is the most beat on watch I own, and it still runs just as well as when I got it seven or eight years ago.

I also own both.

Well, the Colormark you are looking at is a little different than atxtj's, and my Luminox's, but the same overall look. Not sure what the 'invisible' shield you are referring to?

If I could twist your arm, i'd tell you to keep saving for a Marathon, it's just way more watch. You said one negative for you on the TSAR is that it's silver? Well, have you ever seen one on a black, or lowlite zulu strap? It's about as Milspec as a watch can ever look, and is quite tough, IMO. I have my TSAR on a black zulu but don't have any pix at the moment.

I really do like the Colormark Luminoxes, but one other thing you may want to consider is that they are plastic cased, unlike the TSAR which is stainless steel. The TSAR is way more substantial, way heavier. Some people will not like this, but I look at it favorably. Feels more solid. The Luminox is light as a feather in comparison. Here's a picture of my old, beat to crud Luminox 3000 series. It's seen some good abuse! Get a lowlite zuu for yours, they work well with the all black case, you'll love how it looks!

Last edited by dtmartin46; March 19th, 2009 at 01:32. Reason: sp

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information