In The Market For An Automatic
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By watchkid456789
  • 1 Post By debussychopin
  • 1 Post By grayfox8647

Thread: In The Market For An Automatic

Confused In The Market For An Automatic

I own a Citizen Atomic Eco-Drive (great watch btw).
    But like many others I've always wanted a "Swiss Watch" (automatic I suppose).

I've been looking at the typical Hamilton Khaki all the way to less popular stuff like Mido's Commander II in blue. I like Tag's Carrera in blue but it's a bit pricey for what I want to spend at this point.

Trying to stay in the $750 and under range (roughly).

I looked at Stowa Klassic, Christopher Ward diver, Steinhart diver (premium in titanium), etc.

I think you get the picture. I've got watch analysis paralysis at this point.

I haven't committed to buying anything yet but have leaned heavy to Mido's Commander II. I'm worried it'd be too big for my wrist. I've heard this 40mm watch wears bigger than most watches that size due to its design.

I know I'm over thinking this but does anyone have some suggestions?

Banned

Re: In The Market For An Automatic

The Mido is a nice watch. Also check out offerings from Oris, Certina and other Hamilton’s if the field watch isn’t for you. You could also pick up a used Damasko DA34/36 or a Sinn 556 for around your limit price and both those watches are fantastic

Welcome! Perhaps it might help to think more about what type of watch you truly want — diver, field, dressy sport watch — and then you could narrow your search more easily.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

i dig it. my skyhawk a-t was my daily driver for a long time before i caught the auto bug. my first grab was my hamilton khaki king and adore this watch. it looks great however you want to wear it, i personally think it's a very wearable every day size, and hamilton is such a great brand.

Nice! I have a citizen eco drive too! Definitely find the watches in a store to try on. This is still a new hobby for me, but I'm looking to upgrade soon and wearing them in an AD has really changed my perspective. Ones I thought I loved weren't all that great, some meh ones turned out to be fantastic, and I recently had a watch tug at my heartstrings. I've never thought that was possible with a wristwatch, but I'm totally hooked!

Check out Tissot Visodate and Junghans Max Bill (German, not Swiss) if you want something a little more dressy to compliment your sporty citizen. Seiko (definitely not Swiss) and Squale (might be a little over your budget) divers are great! I love my Hamilton and the Stowa Fliegers definitely have me swooning a bit. Sorry to add more options to your analysis paralysis. This is all part of the fun! Good luck OP! Let us know what you decide.
    Hamilton Khaki Pilot Day Date H64615135
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 300m 212.30.41.20.01.003
    JLC MUT Moon 1368420
    Garmin Fenix 5s Sapphire

Quote Originally Posted by City74 View Post
    The Mido is a nice watch. Also check out offerings from Oris, Certina and other Hamilton’s if the field watch isn’t for you. You could also pick up a used Damasko DA34/36 or a Sinn 556 for around your limit price and both those watches are fantastic
    For Oris I like this: Big Crown ProPilot Date Automatic Men's Watch

And this: ORIS BC3 ADVANCED, DAY DATE

Never could find much on Certina that I liked. Hamilton's Field Watch seems cool and their newer Broadway models seem interesting.

Tissot Visodate has definitely been on my shortlist. Not a bad price either.
    jchiu003 likes this.

I would try Certina perhaps DS 1 not a diver but still a great watch. I would say the prices that Ashford has for this brand , they certainly 'punch way above their price range' as the ubiquitous saying goes.
    I have the Certina DS 1 and the DS diver in green stripe rubber. Both are completely sick watches !! (sorry , had to use that word)
    slcbbrown likes this.

Banned

The CW Trident C60 with Ceramic bezel will blow your mind. I would dare compare it's quality to Omega. A lot of watch for the price, especially if you get one during their famous half price sales events. The only con is that 43mm might be too big, and the 38mm too small for some. I wish they made a 40mm...
    slcbbrown likes this.

Thread Information