Matching leather Rolex Strap
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Matching leather Rolex Strap

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Matching leather Rolex Strap

Hi guys,
    After much deliberation, I have finally decided to make my first major purchase in a few months time to celebrate my wedding. I've decided that I like the Rolex datejust 116234 blue dial with jubilee strap best as pictured here.

Now, I have recently seen this blue dial day date in the AD that unfortunately, because it costs >3 times the price of the 116234, I won't be getting it. I do however, love the blue alligator strap and am looking for a similarly high quality one to match the blue 116234 with the clasp as well.

I would love some recommendations from you guys if possible as to which ones are really nice and high quality made straps, and perhaps a URL of where to buy it. Many thanks.

Cheers,
    Julian.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Matching leather Rolex Strap

These are some of the highest rated strap makers:

the watch straps, watchstraps, bands and watchbands from abp

Best of luck!

Try the the Strap and Bracelet Forum....The guys there will have great insight....Good luck and good hunting.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ConElPueblo View Post
    These are some of the highest rated strap makers:

the watch straps, watchstraps, bands and watchbands from abp

Best of luck!
    if not the best certainly the most expensive!!! although that site is great for ideas of fine strap \watch combinations !

blue on blue is nice OP - I often use this vintage Breitling leather on my old perpetual Name:  _GJP0130 copy.jpg
Views: 1460
Size:  89.7 KB good luck -good choice
    mrchan and luecack like this.

Maybe a Rios1931 alligator in Rios "Ocean Blue" color...
    I've got a customized one for my blue AT

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Attached Images Attached Images

little big feather likes this.

Try the the Strap and Bracelet Forum....The guys there will have great insight....Good luck and good hunting.
    Good advice.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Thanks for all the advice guys, AAMC, oddly enough, that blue AT was one of the big decisions I had to weigh my watch options against before deciding on the rolex!

Hi Julian / mrchan,

I had a similar view / plan as yours (re: matching blue strap with 116234) and read your other thread (importing strap into Australia) with amusement. Anyway just wondering if you can share your experiences:

1. Did you consider getting a second hand 16234? If so, how did you make the decision between 16234 vs 116234? I know the differences (e.g. dial index, polish, price, etc) however have not been able to make my mind up.
    2. Did you manage to get the straps? If so, any pics?
    3. Did you get the end-links? If not, why not. If yes, and recommendations? (e.g. rolexendlinks.com)
    4. I've seen 116234 seller pics with either president or oyster bracelet - which one did you get?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by austrider; March 24th, 2015 at 22:19.

Quote Originally Posted by austrider View Post
    Hi Julian / mrchan,

I had a similar view / plan as yours (re: matching blue strap with 116234) and read your other thread (importing strap into Australia) with amusement. Anyway just wondering if you can share your experiences:

1. Did you consider getting a second hand 16234? If so, how did you make the decision between 16234 vs 116234? I know the differences (e.g. dial index, polish, price, etc) however have not been able to make my mind up.
    2. Did you manage to get the straps? If so, any pics?
    3. Did you get the end-links? If not, why not. If yes, and recommendations? (e.g. rolexendlinks.com)
    4. I've seen 116234 seller pics with either president or oyster bracelet - which one did you get?

Thanks in advance.
    While this is a super late reply, I ended up getting the beautiful 116234 because it was polished all over and it looks absolutely superb!

Problems arose when i tried to buy a leather strap for it..
    1. Bought some super awesome alligator strap for it from ABP but they were not able to get it to fit my watch with end links.
    2. Endlinks are important because the case edges are very sharp and will absolutely destroy any single leather strap you attach it to it around the part where it connects to the main case itself.
    3. I haven't found a strap thin enough to wear it with the 116234 and end links. So in that regard, it was a bit of a failure.
    4. I think I am resigned to wearing it with the beautiful jubilee bracelet. Don't think that any leather strap will fit it with the end links unfortunately..

ps. I've also had the end links thinned out as much as possible and yet barely any straps fit it.
    ps 2: ABP has failed me..they tried thinning it out as much as possible but the strap just wouldn't fit with the end links. Which is what I specifically requested when i custom ordered the strap. I may have to get a refund..

Overall, an awesomely beautiful watch that the only regret is that you can't really use it with any other straps. I mean you could with Nato straps but not with nice alligator or croc straps with end links.

Don't resign. Contact Dangerous 9 and it will be customized to the millimeter. If pictures are worth 1000 words you will see his artistry at play. I searched for weeks to find the best strap maker and I think the guy there John is hard to beat. His leather quality is impeccable, great customer service, and everyone on the forum seems pleased with the results.

For full disclosure I have ordered from him but haven't received deliver so I haven't seen a strap in person yet. However there was just a post yesterday basically saying the same thing about D9. It ain't cheap and it's a 10-13 week order time. But check out these results.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 966
Size:  61.0 KB

This this is what I purchased(I.e. Similar model). Check out the integrated fit to the slaps and lugs

Views: 966
Size:  79.9 KB

This what a forum member just posted and wrote a review. Check out that hide. That's like Scarlett Jo Jo hide. Top notch! super plump.

Views: 971
Size:  259.6 KB
    Last edited by CastorTroy3; January 20th, 2016 at 08:59.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information