Matte Blue/Grey Bauhuaus

I am looking for a fairly specific watch, here are the specifications:
    Style: Bauhaus
    Movement: Automatic
    Case Size: 36mm - 40mm
    Dial: Matte Blue or Grey
    Features: Date Window
    Price Range: Up to $600

So far I have found a few, but none of them are quite right. I apologize for no links or images, I just joined the forum so I am not able to include them in posts yet.

Laco Chemnitz
    A little too dressy. The bauhaus style in general is on the dressier side, but to me this one is too much.

Carpenter M16 Brooklyn Field
    40mm is pushing it for me since my wrists are on the smaller side, but this watch in particular is very bulky. It's also expensive for the movement.

Eoniq Custom Alster
    There is a custom option that is somewhat close to a bauhaus, it just doesn't have a date window.

Sternglas Zirkel
    Only black or white dial, and the movement isn't great

Aristo Bauhaus Blue
    Not a fan of the sunburst, shiny blue.

Aevig Corvid
    More of a field watch than bauhaus which is fine, but too thick, no date window, and only black or beige.

Junkers 6056-5
    So close if not for the beige dial. This is the one I will probably get if I can't find anything else as I have heard good things about Junkers.

I know I am being way too picky, and in my price range I think I have exhausted all of my options, but does anyone have any other suggestions?

Re: Matte Blue/Grey Bauhuaus

Since your list is full of compromises, I would suggest you look at Stowa Antea. Doesn't have blue dial, and a bit over your budget. But Stowa is as bauhaus as bauhaus can be. Might be able to find one used at your price point.

Out of your list, I'm most intrigued by Eoniq, fair price especially WITH customization, and I'm pretty impressed by what customization options they offer. Can change literally anything. Seems like you lose the date but gain full control over the design. But again, I don't know how important a date window is to you.

I would love a Stowa, I love their Back To Bauhaus especially and have been looking for used for a while now, but I never seem to find any in my price range. The date window isn't a total deal breaker, and I have heavily considered an Eoniq, but my wrists are roughly 6.5 inches so I think 40mm might be too big. Regardless I agree, I was very impressed by the customization and am curious as to what the quality of their watches are. Any recommendations on good websites for used watches?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Also, check out the Nomos line. They are total bauhaus.

Quote Originally Posted by minneapolis777 View Post
    I would love a Stowa, I love their Back To Bauhaus especially and have been looking for used for a while now, but I never seem to find any in my price range. The date window isn't a total deal breaker, and I have heavily considered an Eoniq, but my wrists are roughly 6.5 inches so I think 40mm might be too big. Regardless I agree, I was very impressed by the customization and am curious as to what the quality of their watches are. Any recommendations on good websites for used watches?
    I think I saw the option to choose smaller case (sth like 35mm?) when I played with Eoniq's customizer. Not sure though, but you can check again.

Used watch I usually go to chrono24 and ebay. There is a sales forum here as well. You might find something on the watchexchange subreddit. Just be cautious and it's generally safe.

Good luck and keep us updated on your hunt!

Save just a little go and go for a Junghans. You won't regret it.
    ~Hamilton Khaki Navy Scuba H823350
    ~Junghans Max Bill Handaufzug 027/3701.00
    ~Casio GW-M5610
    ~& Remontoir Cylindre 10 Rubis Pocket Watch ca. 1880-1933

Quote Originally Posted by minneapolis777 View Post
    how flat is your wrist? I find this to be more important. I have a 6.25in ish wrist but it's a flat 56-57mm across. My Stowa Klassik Flieger 40 fits fine
    WatchUSee is WatchIGot
    Casio - G-Shock GW-5000-1jf |
    Garmin - Forerunner 245 Music | Grand Seiko - Snowflake (SBGA011) | Longines - Master Collection (L2.673) | | MeisterSinger - Panagaea Day Date|Monta -Triumph | Nomos Glashutte - Club Datum | Orient - Mako mod | Rolex - Explorer I (214270 mk2) | Seiko - SKX007/09 mods | Stowa- Klassik Flieger

Thread Information