Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Squelette - Page 2
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Squelette

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40
  1. #11
    Member hpark21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb
    Posts
    5,494

    Re: Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Squelette

    I would personally take Benzinger over ML. Yes, it is true that ML 135 is some what of In-house movement, but I don't believe the work that went in justifies the price IMHO.

    At least with Benzinger, you can see the amount of work that went into make it so beautiful using rather pedestrian movement beginning as well as the pricing being rather reasonable IMHO. Also, IMHO, it is easier to see because of the non-skeletal outer markings. (Images from Watchbuys.com)





    Attached Images Attached Images

    Last edited by hpark21; October 7th, 2013 at 00:20.
    Chronic flipper...


  2. #12
    Member Dangeruss3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,509

    Re: Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Squelette

    Very nice, and only thousands more than the ML.

    It is a beautiful watch...you should buy it. Then you can start your own thread and show it to us.


    Bell & Ross BR01-92 Heritage • Bell & Ross BR03-88 • Breitling Navitimer 01 LE
    Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Squelette • Panerai PAM 177 • Panerai PAM 188
    Perrelet Regulator Retrograde • Perrelet Turbine XL • Tag Heuer Monaco 24

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,657

    Re: Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Squelette

    I've always found it interesting how this brand doesn't get more attention. Many of the watches are aesthetically pleasing and stand out from the rest of the pack, like yours.

    Anyway, gorgeous watch. Enjoy it in good health.
    Dangeruss3 and sk412 like this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Member Beater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    456

    Re: Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Squelette

    Nice. Im definitely preferring the more technical and industrial looking ML over the Benzinger. I can actually see what's going on. The Benzinger's innards looks more like a heavily decorated wedding cake.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    sk412 likes this.

  6. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,657

    Re: Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Squelette

    Quote Originally Posted by Beater View Post
    Nice. Im definitely preferring the more technical and industrial looking ML over the Benzinger.

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I wouldn't kick either one out of my watch box!

  7. #16
    Member woodsworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Hundred-Acre Wood
    Posts
    872

    Re: Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Squelette

    I think the OP's ML really pulls the "casual/sporty skeleton" off quite well. I can't really think of many companies that offer sporty skeletons (other than the AP 15305st/25829st which are in a completely different price brackets), so the ML is not a bad choice, indeed, if you can get it for a great price.

    Congrats on the watch, Dangeruss :)
    Dangeruss3 and slcbbrown like this.

  8. #17
    Member hpark21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb
    Posts
    5,494

    Re: Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Squelette

    Quote Originally Posted by Dangeruss3 View Post
    Very nice, and only thousands more than the ML.

    It is a beautiful watch...you should buy it. Then you can start your own thread and show it to us.
    Actually, I honestly thought ML was about the same price. I did not realize how much of discount one can get on ML. The Benzinger sells for about 9K and msrp of the ML was anywhere from 9k to 11k. However it looks like grey dealers are blowing these out at around 65% off. I guess these do not sell well. Skeletons are not very popular traditionally.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk HD
    Chronic flipper...


  9. #18
    Member Dangeruss3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,509

    Re: Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Squelette

    Quote Originally Posted by hpark21 View Post
    Actually, I honestly thought ML was about the same price. I did not realize how much of discount one can get on ML. The Benzinger sells for about 9K and msrp of the ML was anywhere from 9k to 11k. However it looks like grey dealers are blowing these out at around 65% off. I guess these do not sell well. Skeletons are not very popular traditionally.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk HD
    Incorrect again. They might be blowing out of the old model, but this watch was just released. It's also nowhere near 9K. Probably just grey market dealers jacking up the retail to make their discount look larger. This watch retails for $6500, so even if I'd paid retail it would still be $2500 less. That being said, I would buy this watch again even if the Benzinger was the same price.

    As I mentioned, it's a beautiful watch, but I know nothing about the brand and it's too pretty for me.

    I honestly didn't start this thread to find out what someone else would buy, or as a place to compare other skeletons. I didn't see much information on this watch, so I decided to put some out there in case somebody wanted it.


    Bell & Ross BR01-92 Heritage • Bell & Ross BR03-88 • Breitling Navitimer 01 LE
    Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Squelette • Panerai PAM 177 • Panerai PAM 188
    Perrelet Regulator Retrograde • Perrelet Turbine XL • Tag Heuer Monaco 24

  10. #19
    Member hpark21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb
    Posts
    5,494

    Re: Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Squelette

    Quote Originally Posted by Dangeruss3 View Post
    As I mentioned, it's a beautiful watch, but I know nothing about the brand and it's too pretty for me.
    I think when a manufacturer takes away the dial there has to be a purpose to it.
    Dial is significant portion of the watch which you will be looking at for 95% of the time when you wear the watch.

    So, to me, when a manufacturer takes that out, it must be replaced with something with equally significant effort and thought put into the design. Merely taking away the dial to the watch to show the movement should not make "skeleton" watch.

    Of course, it is your money, if you are happy with it, then all the power to you. Who am I, an anonymous internet user, to judge/criticize how you spend your hard earned money.

    That said, when you post this article, I was assuming that you are looking for other opinions not to just put the word out (unless you work for the company which I don't think would be the case here of course) to which was given by me (and others).
    Chronic flipper...


  11. #20
    Member Dangeruss3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,509

    Re: Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Squelette

    Quote Originally Posted by hpark21 View Post
    I think when a manufacturer takes away the dial there has to be a purpose to it.
    Dial is significant portion of the watch which you will be looking at for 95% of the time when you wear the watch.

    So, to me, when a manufacturer takes that out, it must be replaced with something with equally significant effort and thought put into the design. Merely taking away the dial to the watch to show the movement should not make "skeleton" watch.

    Of course, it is your money, if you are happy with it, then all the power to you. Who am I, an anonymous internet user, to judge/criticize how you spend your hard earned money.

    That said, when you post this article, I was assuming that you are looking for other opinions not to just put the word out (unless you work for the company which I don't think would be the case here of course) to which was given by me (and others).
    If you don't see that ML did more than just "show the movement" then there's nothing I can do to help you.

    You are absolutely entitled to your opinion, and as you stated it's insignificant to me. I always purchase watches based on what I like, and not on the opinions of others.

    Unless someone specifically asked, I would never assume they wanted me to tell them what they should've bought, but that's just me. In my last response I simply wanted to clarify some of the misinformation you posted.

    Enjoy your watch choices...I know I'm enjoying mine.


    Bell & Ross BR01-92 Heritage • Bell & Ross BR03-88 • Breitling Navitimer 01 LE
    Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Squelette • Panerai PAM 177 • Panerai PAM 188
    Perrelet Regulator Retrograde • Perrelet Turbine XL • Tag Heuer Monaco 24

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •