Maurice LaCroix: The Masterpiece Worldtimer and the Pontos S Diver hit the spotlights

Thread: Maurice LaCroix: The Masterpiece Worldtimer and the Pontos S Diver hit the spotlights

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Picture Maurice LaCroix: The Masterpiece Worldtimer and the Pontos S Diver hit the spotlights

Attachment 1013332

Holding a vintage and retro feel, the Pontos S Diver is for the professional diver and for the stylish. It has an automatic Helium escape valve system at 9 o'clock, protecting itself from irreversible damage due to divers suddenly returing to the water's surface. Available in black sun-brushed or off-white opaline dial, it has applied indexes and diamond cut-hands of luminescent coating for excellent legibility when diving and has a 43 mm stainless steel case.

Attachment 1013328Attachment 1013331
    Attachment 1013329Attachment 1013330

The Masterpiece Worldtimer is for the cultured, international. A sophisticated piece for those constantly moving between different world time zones. With a self-winding ML164 mechanical movement, it is available in two versions: Europe and Asia. The Europe version has silver guilloche work with blue shore lines, blue/silver 24 hour area and blue Roman numerals. The Asia version has silver sun-brushed continents with opaline coeans, black gold/silver 24 hour area and pink gold Roman numerals. Both have a 42 mm stainless steel case, time shift indication by cities' names printed on the peripheral area, date at 6 o' clock and AM/PM indicated at 9 o'clock.

Attachment 1013335Attachment 1013336
    Attachment 1013337Attachment 1013338

Visit the Maurice LaCroix website
    Last edited by Ernie Romers; March 18th, 2013 at 21:58.
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Founder and former site owner, Watchuseek.com

Re: Maurice LaCroix: The Masterpiece Worldtimer and the Pontos S Diver hit the spotlights

I like that diver in black. I'd imagine a high MSRP but with a good amount off available at ADs, knowing ML.

What's that valve at 2 o clock?
    Last edited by geoffbot; March 18th, 2013 at 22:47.

Re: Maurice LaCroix: The Masterpiece Worldtimer and the Pontos S Diver hit the spotlights

Nice watches, but still can't get over the name. Don't want Maurice on my wrist

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Maurice LaCroix: The Masterpiece Worldtimer and the Pontos S Diver hit the spot

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I like that diver in black. I'd imagine a high MSRP but with a good amount off available at ADs, knowing ML.

What's that valve at 2 o clock?
    Internal bezel?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Panerai View Post
    Internal bezel?
    Good point.

In relation to the watches, the new diver is nice, has a classic look to it, but I agree I'm not crazy about first-last name watch brands, Maurice Lacroix has always kinda been an off-putting brand for me, I think mainly because I just don't like the name...
    Last edited by Mr. Panerai; March 18th, 2013 at 23:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Panerai View Post
    In relation to the watches, the new diver is nice, has a classic look to it, but I agree I'm not crazy about first-last name watch brands.
    That rules out quite a few brands!

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    That rules out quite a few brands!
    Maybe it's just some... But Raymond Weil, Maurice Lacroix... Just don't like the names... I'm fine with names of founders, so I shouldn't generalize, cause I definitely don't mind names like Dornbleuth & sohn, or founder-founder names like Patek Phillipe, or just the last name of the founder but I generally don't like first-last named watch companies, I can't give any reason other than I don't like the way they sound... "What kind of watch is that?" "Oh it's a Raymond Weil" I don't know, as weird as it may be I just don't like the sound of it.

EDIT: But that's definitely not to say I would ever rule out a watch because of the name of the brand. If I fell in love with a watch the name of the brand wouldn't really matter.
    Last edited by Mr. Panerai; March 18th, 2013 at 23:43.

Re: Maurice LaCroix: The Masterpiece Worldtimer and the Pontos S Diver hit the spot

Kind of snobby in this thread.

I love the diver's look. Wouldn't mind seeing it in person when it hits dealers...

Quote Originally Posted by ImitationOfLife View Post
    Kind of snobby in this thread.

I love the diver's look. Wouldn't mind seeing it in person when it hits dealers...
    Hope my comments weren't interpreted as snobby! I just don't like the brand's name.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information