Mechanical chrono advice

Thread: Mechanical chrono advice

Mechanical chrono advice

Iíll be taking a break from buying for a bit. But before I do, I want to add a mechanical chrono to my collection. Needs to be in the 1k range, used. Swiss or German. Prefer something under 42mm. I know this is a big area, thatís why Iím looking for advice. Hoping to see something I hadnít considered. Also, the 1k uses range must be realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Mechanical chrono advice

There are a ton of vintage chronos with Valjoux 7733 or 7734 movements at that price range. Iíve owned several and they are rock solid. Youíll pay more for all stainless steel (I.e. not chrome plated) and for prestige brands (Breitling, Yema, etc) but I bet you could find cool examples at 1K.

I guess thatís if youíre looking vintage and not just gently used (most of these hail from the 70s and before).

Take a look at the Zeppelin range or the Strela models - those are within your budget even brand new. Zeppelin make some 'higher end' ones with more expensive movements and even some chronometer certified models which may well come in under your target used.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Name:  images.jpeg
Views: 21
Size:  37.7 KB

I'm waiting for this one now. Valjoux 7750. Swiss made. All metal movement. Under 600$. If the style isn't too sporty... I'm excited. Tissot PRS516

Mechanical chrono advice

Quote Originally Posted by mattvalento View Post
    There are a ton of vintage chronos with Valjoux 7733 or 7734 movements at that price range. Iíve owned several and they are rock solid. Youíll pay more for all stainless steel (I.e. not chrome plated) and for prestige brands (Breitling, Yema, etc) but I bet you could find cool examples at 1K.

I guess thatís if youíre looking vintage and not just gently used (most of these hail from the 70s and before).

While vintage is an absolute possibility, I was thinking more modern. ďGently usedĒ.

Quote Originally Posted by system11 View Post
    Take a look at the Zeppelin range or the Strela models - those are within your budget even brand new. Zeppelin make some 'higher end' ones with more expensive movements and even some chronometer certified models which may well come in under your target used.
    Iíll check them out, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dmanosaka View Post
    Name:  images.jpeg
Views: 21
Size:  37.7 KB

I'm waiting for this one now. Valjoux 7750. Swiss made. All metal movement. Under 600$. If the style isn't too sporty... I'm excited. Tissot PRS516
    A little sporty for me.

Thread Information