Mechanical Movements and Vespas

Thread: Mechanical Movements and Vespas

Mechanical Movements and Vespas

Hello everyone. I just received an impeccable Stowa Antea Kleine Sekunde. I was just wondering if riding a Vespa (motor scooter) is bad for the hand-wound mechanical movement of the watch. I wear my watch on my right hand so the watch is on the hand I use for the throttle (if that makes any difference). I tried seeing if there is a lot of vibration and it seems that there is only vibration when I'm idling or when the road is particularly bumpy. I ride my Vespa every day to go to school and I was wondering if I would be better off removing my watch and putting it in the boot or backpack (would this be the same as being on my wrist?), etc., or if the movement can tolerate riding a scooter. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Breitling Forum Moderator SnapIT's Avatar

Re: Mechanical Movements and Vespas

Hello,

Wear it man! Stowa can take it. If a movement can't handle a little Vespa action it shouldn't be in the case. If it was the Paris Dakar that you were riding it might be an issue .
    Cheers,
    SnapIT

Seize the day, it ain't coming around again. . . .
    Click to check for the correct time around the world..

Re: Mechanical Movements and Vespas

Thank's for the response! I thought that the movement could take it - its just that being my first fine watch that I bought with my hard earned college student cash I wanted to make sure I wasn't harming my investment, being that I expect this watch to last until I can afford a Patek Tourbillon .

On a side note about movements and durability - I knew a guy who had a Swatch Irony skeleton automatic. He got tired of the watch so decided to break it on purpose to redeem the warranty, but upon trying he couldn't do it! He banged it against hard tile, threw it across the room, slammed it against things -- nothing would cause it to stop! I'm sure it's time-keeping/accuracy was ruined, but it still ran! A stay in the microwave finally did it...

Thread Information