Men wearing "small" watches
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Men wearing "small" watches

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Men wearing "small" watches

EDIT: Referring to watches 30mm and under.
    Last edited by ShockMister; February 20th, 2010 at 18:15.
    ShockMister

Re: Men wearing "small" watches

So you like butch broads but can't handle fem guys, huh? geez, some insecurity there I think.

Me, I'm a watch whore - if it fits around my wrist I'll wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by molarface View Post
    So you like butch broads but can't handle fem guys, huh? geez, some insecurity there I think.

Me, I'm a watch whore - if it fits around my wrist I'll wear it.
    Women can wear men's clothing, can't they?

You seem to imply (through your "humorous" comment) that men can wear dresses if they want.

You're wrong. It only works one way.
    ShockMister

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I guess it's too small because you say so? ....I have lots of 'small' watches, most of them are nicely restored vintage pieces. I don't think any of them were or are ladies watches. Here are a few of my recent ones, the largest is 35mm....

I don't usually look at the wrist to determine if someone is a lady or a man......
    Last edited by sixtysix; February 16th, 2010 at 07:38.
    Later, Gary

We are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors

Here people who wear larger watches:
    boys - g-shocks
    fashionable boys/girls - fossils occasionally with bund straps
    older men - rolexes

The rest wear 35-36mm or smaller watches (male). My father wears 30mm citizen and 34mm something pierrot. I wear 41mm citizen diver thank to WUS

Pants are not "men's" clothing any more than a kilt is "women's clothing".

Women wear "mens" watches for several reasons - they can't see small dials, the pickens are much thinner on womens designs, or they do, in fact, like a bigger design. Today I wore a early 50's Hamilton - very small by todays standards and I guess you'd make fun of me if you saw it.

Not meant to be humorous - you were funny enough by yourself. Both times.

Quote Originally Posted by sixtysix View Post
    I guess it's too small because you say so? ....I have lots of 'small' watches, most of them are nicely restored vintage pieces. I don't think any of them were or are ladies watches. Here are a few of my recent ones, the largest is 35mm....
    No, those are fine. And if you are semi-intelligent, you know that it's not me, but the vast majority of the population.

Actually, I wouldn't mind if men could wear smaller watches (as long as they are not too lady-like, sorry). I've seen some men wearing what appear to be vintage watches about 25mm or so. That's very small when compared to today's fashionably large watches. But I think look kind of cool also.
    ShockMister

Quote Originally Posted by sixtysix View Post

I don't usually look at the wrist to determine if someone is a lady or a man......
    OOOOOOh- that Bulova has gems on the dial! Gasp. Is testosterone nowhere to be found?
    Pitty likes this.

Ouch. I didn't notice the gems.

Wear as small a watch as you want. Just no gems, sorry.
    Pitty likes this.
    ShockMister

SBD

nice trolly question!

When I see a guy with a smallish watch, it certainly looks wrong to me. Probably the same way a guy with bell-bottom jeans would look wrong to me.

Sure, both of these technically do the "job" they are supposed to do, but they grate against current fashion norms. And they are not just outside of current fashion (which can actually work for you when done right. Look at Lady Gaga for example) but they are dated. They're in that wasteland between "in" and "vintage". Quite simply, they say "I don't know or care what my appearance says about me."

And that's fine. When I see a guy with a smallish watch, I usually figure that:
    a) He doesn't realize how out of fashion it looks
    b) He sees it as simply a tool for telling time. He is *gasp* not a WIS!
    c) His watch has sentimental value
    d) It's a vintage piece

I find that lots of times a & b go together. In my opinion, it's sad. Watches are more than just tools. Cars are more than just a device for taking you from A to B. Food is not simply for curing your hunger. There is much joy to be taken from living, and it is a shame that so many fail to recognize all the ways that they let it slip away.

Now for c & d, I've got nothing negative to say. Watches worn for these reasons show respect for the watch as more than just an appliance. So much respect to these types of watch wearers.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information