Mens watch for a Woman.

Thread: Mens watch for a Woman.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Mens watch for a Woman.

What are some men's watches that you ladies/gents think look good on a woman. Looking for a watch (for my girlfriend, who's mother is buying it for her as a Christmas present) that preferably has: leather strap, largeish dial (says the dial on my Explorer is too small haha), under 1000 dollars. If you like something else though, feel free to post it.

I will try and get more info from her without ruining the potential surprise this gift may bring. I know that the original watch that got her started on this kick was a Rolex Sub that Cameron Diaz was wearing in some horrible movie with Tom Cruise...

lvt

Re: Mens watch for a Woman.

Most of 36mm men watches can be worn by women, especially on leather strap.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Kmeqk, you mean something like this?

(Image removed by moderator)

In case you don't notice the watch, it is a Vostok Amphibia "Nighthawk I", model 420335, with aftermarket strap.
    Last edited by GinGinD; November 30th, 2010 at 23:42.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Now if that doesn't make you wanna take a dive...! :D Great watch!

I was thinking along the same lines as Seele, without the pretty picture.

If she really wants big she should go Pilot or diver. The Explorer 1 dial is just ever so slightly smaller than the Submariner dial by the way. I also like Rolex 34 and 36mm watches on the right woman. Anything bigger is not so easy. But for a fashion statement a nice big Archimede or Stowa or Steinhart Pilot's watch would look great. They are good watches, well within the price range, and can be accessorized to the gazoo with straps.

Remember most women prefer quartz watches, ideally with perpetual calendar, so they never have to deal with them. The time telling function is just an extra for them and they don't care about the technology or materials or whatever else. Looks and maybe prestige/brand is what counts for them. My experience only, of course, but it's true for 90% of them in that experience.

If she likes the Submariner she could get a 42mm clone from one of the usual suspects. The dial will be bigger on that. You just buy an extra gator strap for her. Will look very stylish and come in around $5-600. Or perhaps even the Bernard Watch Avier 7750 Chrono. Very nice watch especially for the money. Remember, anything over 42mm will probably have lug overhand if she is slim and not big boned, thus it won't wear very comfortably. But they also wear high heels to look nicer, so that may not be relevant. And it will be rather heavy.

Banned

40mm suits a lady very well.

But the lady has to have class......

How big do you think she would like a watch to be?

Panerai or one of the look-alikes comes to mind.

Banned

Unless she is a WIS, or at least a little bit interested in watches, a Quartz movement is best for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Seele View Post
    Kmeqk, you mean something like this?

(Image removed by moderator)

In case you don't notice the watch, it is a Vostok Amphibia "Nighthawk I", model 420335, with aftermarket strap.
    Oh, i've just noticed she has a watch on
    Last edited by GinGinD; November 30th, 2010 at 23:42.

It's not in the $1000 range, but my IWC Portuguese Chronograph looks great on my girlfriend. It's a rather large watch but I think it looks great on women. In fact, when I visited IWC in Schaufhausen this summer all the women at IWC were wearing the Portuguese Chrono.

I know there are many homages and similar looking watches made by other companies, including Sinn - at really affordable prices. I'll search for a few examples and post them.

J
    Patek Philippe Manta Ray (ref 2554); Patek Philippe Calatrava (ref 3520); A Lange & Sohne Lange 1 (ref 101.030); Franck Muller Casablanca (ref 5850); Glashutte Original Senator Navigator; Rolex SD (ref 16600); Rolex DSSD (ref 116660); Rolex Sub/no date (ref 14060); Panerai PAM 104; Cartier Tank Francaise Steel (ref W51002Q3); Cartier Tank Francaise 18K on strap (ref 2366); Cartier Tank Solo (ref W5200005); Cartier Roadster (Vegas Dial); U-Boat Classico PVD AB 4/2 (ref 5569); IWC Portuguese Chronograph Panda (ref 3714-04); IWC Spitfire Fliegeruhr (ref 3717-01); IWC Portofino (ref IW356305); Sinn 356 Fleirger; Sinn EZM7; Longines Master Collection Auto Moon Phase; Cuervo y Sobrinos Prominente Dual Time - Bronze dial; Enzo Mechana Sub Hatch EM001; MKII Stingray; Magrette Regattare Moana Pacific (450/500); Magrette Regattare Valencia; Brera Orologi Eterno Chrono; Deep Blue Master Diver 2000 PVD; Tag Heuer Link Professional 200M Scuba Diver Date; Seiko Orange Monster

For a woman's wrist, I'd look at something in the 40-42mm range. Do you want it to be a dress watch or something sporty? Chrono or no? Automatic or quartz?

Personally, I love seeing a woman wearing a man's watch. I think it's sexy.

A few choices off the top of my head:

Hamilton Khaki King (sort of bridges the gap between
    Hamilton Jazzmaster Thinline (dressy)
    Hamilton Pilot 42mm (quartz)
    Hamilton Khaki Action Chrono
    Tag Heuer F1 Chrono (quartz, very sporty, also only on bracelet or rubber)

Actually, there are a lot of awesome Hamiltons out there. I have three. Most can be had for under $1000, and there are plenty 42mm and under that look great, in dressy and sporty flavors. I'm sure others will have more varied suggestions.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information