WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Men's watches with classic arabic numerals on a white/beige/silver dial.

19K views 55 replies 30 participants last post by  James A 
#1 ·
Hi,

I like classic looking watches,with all the numerals (arabic) on the dial. I also like the font to be classic too.

I have seen many marine-style models I like too,with the sub seconds at 6 position,but I prefer a dial with all the numbers.

My preference for the dial color is simple white,but it can also be cream/off white/eggshell or silver,simple or with some pattern on it. But one thing I don't like so much,is the sunray/sunburst effect.

Right now I own the following 3 watches. (I shot these photos below)

Orient symphony er27008w

Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery Material property

Q&Q c150j304

Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery Analog watch

Lorus RS985AX9 (this one would be great for me,if the dial wasn''t sunray/sunburst)

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Some other examples of models I like are the following:

Js Watch co islandus arabic

http://static1.squarespace.com/stat...98f96/1434668624386/collection+Islandus+5.jpg

Longines Master Collection (a model with all the numerals and a date window next to 3,which I cannot find in google for some reason,I see only a model with a date next to 3,but 3 is only partially visible)

Tissot Carsons

http://us.tissotshop.com/media/cata...08d6e5fb8d27136e95/t/0/t085_410_16_012_00.jpg

Stowa Marine Classic (font is a bit cold though)

https://www.stowa.de/lshop,showdeta...e,marineautsilbermatt,3,Tshowrub--marine,.htm

So I would like to see some recommendations on similar styled watches,preferably affordable ones,for a possible future buy.I don't mind mechanical or quartz,but it would be nice to be a hand winding only timepiece. 40-43mm, not more than 12mm thick,white,beige or silver dial but with no sunray finish,full arabic numerals-classic font(don't mind date window and power reserve as long as there are all the numerals on the dial)
I prefer the price to be affordable as I said,but I don't want to buy something right now,I just want to see as many suggestions as possible,with similar style.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
This seiko is very nice. How much does it cost?

Is there any affordable watch( less than 300 euro) ,with mechanical hand winding movement,white dial,full arabic numerals (classic looking font) and classic style blue hands? (preferably breguet style or something similar). Something 40-41mm (42mm max),8-12 mm thick?
Blue hands are not a must,but are more than welcome :)

When I first saw the new orient monarch,I thought it was close enough,but the dial has the sunray finish that I don't like. (you can see in this video I found on youtube)

#6 ·
I'd like to see as many options as possible. :) I'm not going to buy in the very near future,but I just want to have a good idea of what's out there :)

Dornbluth are nice,although I like the font to be just a bit more classic. Ideally something like the js watch and the tissot on the first post,but with blue hands if possible,handwind and not very expensive? Feel free to post other options too,even quartz.As I said above, blue hands are not a must but a nice addition.

Thanks for the interest and your suggestions :) And sorry for my so so English :)

#8 ·
Ideally something like the js watch and the tissot on the first post,but with blue hands if possible,handwind and not very expensive?
The JS Watch Islandus can be ordered with flame blued hands. It would still be automatic, and a bit expensive though.

#14 ·
Outstanding thread - GNNS I like the style you like - very much - and this thread has given me tons of (relatively and absolutely) inexpensive ideas. That ceramic Seiko is incredible and I like the first Sea-Gull listed too.

The new Manchester looks fantastic too. Looking forward to more information.

Great stuff.

My wife is just going to kill me.

Reactions: GNNS
#17 · (Edited)
#16 ·
Hey guys thank you so much for your suggestions.Some great watches here :) I'll take my time later to see them better and comment further...

This longines is a great example of what I mean.I have seen a model with the number 3,and the date window next to it not interrupting it ,but I can't find it on google.

#22 ·
Take this Orient,remove the open-heart hole from the dial,use different style hands (no lume) like blue breguet style or similar to these of the longines master collection,and put a handwind only movement and we've got EXACTLY what I'm looking for.
A classy,classic looking timepiece,with clean white dial,classic font etc.Orient came close with the monarch,but as I've already said,I don't like sunray dials.

I've seen this orient before,I like the size of the numerals and the lack of the date window compared to my symphony on the first post,but I don't like the open heart.

#21 ·
Picked up this Baume Mercier a while back it is one of my favorite watches I like with the numerals. I do have an older CW as well with numerals I still hang on to. Other than that have gravitated to a Oris Aquis date and just ordered a Chris Ward c60 on their recent sale.

Attachments

#26 ·
How about just a few Arabic numerals? Stumbled across this Limes Pharo, love the PR and big date...
Watch Analog watch Fashion accessory Watch accessory Strap

#27 · (Edited)
How about just a few Arabic numerals? Stumbled across this Limes Pharo, love the PR and big date...
View attachment 6532570
Nice looking watch :) I prefer the limes pharo cartouche a with full arabic numerals dial and blue hands though :) I saw it in another thread today :) thanks for the suggestion though.

To make things easy for suggestions here ,this image I photoshoped of an orient esteem,(without the open heart and with different hands style) is a great example of what I'm looking for.

Watch Analog watch Fashion accessory Watch accessory Strap

Clean white dial (or eggeshell/off white,light beige/silver with no sunray finish)
full arabic numerals dial,classic font
Classic blue hands,breguet or other style.(blue is not a must but welcome)
size 40-41mm,not more than 12 mm thick
classic stainless steel polished case design
I prefer something handwind but anything works for me here. And affordable :)

#30 ·

Attachments

Reactions: Sevenmack
#31 ·
That first Baume Metcier is quite nice. You may get one at a good cost. I got mine at a good rate from a jeweler in CA with a year warranty. If it is the same it has a really nice full domed sapphire crystal. Mine runs flawlessly for a preowned older watch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.