Mesh bracelet with suit: Thoughts? Photos?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By flori78

Thread: Mesh bracelet with suit: Thoughts? Photos?

Mesh bracelet with suit: Thoughts? Photos?

I've been struck recently by an irresistable urge to buy a Breitling superocean heritage on its classic accompaniment, a steel mesh bracelet. Can I wear this set up with a suit. Yes, I know I can. And I know we can all do what we want and be individuals and all the other stuff that always gets posted on these threads, but I am looking for an analysis of this look and PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Watches: Stowa MO, Matte/onion crown, No. 2065; Helson Skindiver, Orange No date, No. 018; Orient Mako Blue Ray. Wish list: Breitling Superocean Heritage 42; PAM 177; Aqua Terra 2500 caliber; Speedy Broad Arrow; AirKing black dial, gold indices; 1960s Seamaster and many more.

"They brought me up to the Brooklyn Dodgers, which at that time was in Brooklyn," Casey Stengel.

Re: Mesh bracelet with suit: Thoughts? Photos?

I say yes. I'm a huge mesh fan and I find it dressy enough to go with nearly anything. Then again I'm an archaeology student so take that how you will.

Fashion Police will say no and I hafta agree.
    Maybe something like a Stowa Antea on the milainese but that's still dicey.
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Have you read through the sticky at the top of the page? (Great watch, but not with a suit, IMO)
    Seiko Marinemaster SBDX001
    My Father's Hamilton Khaki Automatic

My Grandfather's Movado Sub Sea Automatic

"That's what character is-It's in the tryin'" Eric Taylor.

I don't think it looks good. Suits are in many ways simple and elegant...just like, say, a leather band which most "dress watches" use. Mesh is the exact opposite...looks way too busy for a suit. Hence, everyone is going to be looking at the bracelet and not you.

I was inspired by some combos in Stowa page and added a mesh bracelet to my Seagull m177s. A mesh bracelet is great especially in summer, to avoid sweat damage to the strap and better versatility. Probably I am against dress rules but here is my combo and u decide by yourself :):

millikeith likes this.
    Current: Longines Hydroconquest L3.642.4; G-shock G7900-4 (black modded),

WnS

Quote Originally Posted by flori78 View Post
    I was inspired by some combos in Stowa page and added a mesh bracelet to my Seagull m177s. A mesh bracelet is great especially in summer, to avoid sweat damage to the strap and better versatility. Probably I am against dress rules but here is my combo and u decide by yourself :):
    Looks great. I know there's leather strap only rule for dress watches, but some combos just work, regardless of what conservative WIS have to say.
    I'm content with my watch collection

I think this works well. I really ;ile it.

Quote Originally Posted by flori78 View Post

Watches: Stowa MO, Matte/onion crown, No. 2065; Helson Skindiver, Orange No date, No. 018; Orient Mako Blue Ray. Wish list: Breitling Superocean Heritage 42; PAM 177; Aqua Terra 2500 caliber; Speedy Broad Arrow; AirKing black dial, gold indices; 1960s Seamaster and many more.

"They brought me up to the Brooklyn Dodgers, which at that time was in Brooklyn," Casey Stengel.

Black suit, black leather.

Grey or blue suit, it should match other accessories/ jewellery (cuff links, tie pins, shoes, belt). Silver, gold, black or brown leather.

The cuff of your shirt should fall over the watch.

You can find pictures Googling for something like "businessman wristwatch."

In your case, though, I think the awesomeness of your watch may compensate for its lack of decorousness.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by A.Russell; September 4th, 2011 at 20:25.

Thread Information