Mid - price Skeleton watch
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Mid - price Skeleton watch

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Mid - price Skeleton watch

Hello , first off I have been browsing this forum for a few days now and have managed to learn more about watches that I thought possible. The only problem is a little bit of knowledge is dangerous and now I am ready to give up in looking for the perfect watch as there doesn’t seem to be one.

I have searched for Skeleton watches on this forum and gone through a fair few threads. The link below was a very good source of information
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/help...ch-488085.html
    My issue is I would like a Skeleton watch but my price range seems to be going against me at the moment for what I like. I like full skeleton watches preferably with as much movement as possible ( I simply love watching them) and also I prefer a seconds hand. Either they are really cheap ranging from £80 to about - £150 or really expensive £600+. My issue is my price range is in the middle £300 to absolute max of £400 (unless I absolutely love it ?). So about $468-$625. All the onses ranging from about £200-£300 seem to be the inflated, will break after a week brands.

I seem to like the garish Skelton watches that are not very popular on here like invicta, and Theorema. The latter was discussed in the linked thread which is a pity as this was my favourite.. From reading I have learnt that a lot of these Chinese watches simply take cheep parts or reject parts from other watches and then inflate the price. So I will go through the watches I have seen, please help if you can.
    - Invicta seems to have a really bad name on here
    - Ingersoll. This is what got me into skeletonised watches but he watch I bought came to me broken so returned it and started the search and realised there are much nicer watches.
    - Therorema. This is the perfect style but have read that this uses Hangzhou which you can get cheap so no point paying the prices Therorema want. Shame I REALLY like the style
    - Jules Audemars. Looked at a watch that looked good read the specification and they use Seagull but again are more expensive
    - Stuhrling – I like these but as I have more money to play with I thought I would use it.
    - Swatch body and soul – suggested by many but a tad small
    - Rotary Vintage – just doesn’t have the sparkle Im looking for
    - seagull – seem to be the preferred choice but again I have a bit more money to play with
    - Rougious I have heard nothing about this brand but it doesn’t fill me with confidence that they are meant to be $500 but then reduced to $200. Never really a good sign
    - Andoid - These i like but the Bezel is so thick but is a possibiulity

Virtuoso 45 Tungsten Skeleton

I think I blabbed on enough. Any help would be appreciated

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Mid - price Skeleton watch

Sorry to say but for a good skeleton you have to pay much more than £600+. With your limit I'd go either chinese or vintage.
    UberDave likes this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Sorry to say but for a good skeleton you have to pay much more than £600+. With your limit I'd go either chinese or vintage.
    Thank i thought as much. im Kind of stuck in the middle of not really wanting many of the cheaper version but cannot really afford £600+. Hmm been looking at a few more Androids and im coming around to them

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

On rare occasion I see a use Oris Artelier Skeleton go for around $1000. It's a fairly standard ETA, but I've held one and it did look quite nice.
    Duder likes this.

What watches do you currently own?

If you currently do not have any quality watches in your collection, I would advise putting the majority of your available funds towards a more classic, versatile piece, and buy a cheaper skeleton, for kicks.

If you already have a good piece, I say save up and buy a better quality skeleton.

I like the Oris. I have friends that have the Android and the Kenneth Cole skeleton, and they are fine for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenM View Post
    On rare occasion I see a use Oris Artelier Skeleton go for around $1000. It's a fairly standard ETA, but I've held one and it did look quite nice.
    wow nice watch but currently coming in at about £1200, not dollars. Way out of my price range but a very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Duder View Post
    What watches do you currently own?

If you currently do not have any quality watches in your collection, I would advise putting the majority of your available funds towards a more classic, versatile piece, and buy a cheaper skeleton, for kicks.

If you already have a good piece, I say save up and buy a better quality skeleton.

I like the Oris. I have friends that have the Android and the Kenneth Cole skeleton, and they are fine for the money.
    I own 2 watches both are for everyday use. The first is a Seiko which is also used for an ocassion a siute is needed as my second one would look a little out of place

Other Seiko watches - SNA525P1 | SEIKO UK Limited

The second is a complete fashion watch that i paid too much money for but heh i like the strap and i had got a new job so thought [email protected] it. To be fair i wear it all the time so i dont regret it. Not exactly suitable when wearing a suit though

THOMAS SABO

Cheers for the info on Android as i think i have pretty much decided to go with them as have found the watch cheaper than i hoped so cant go wrong. Although i think in a few years i am ging to have to go for the Toubillon skeleton as that just looks very nice

If your looking for a skeleton just because you want to enjoy the movement, it makes no difference how much it cost, there many fine quality made watches in your price range.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neegs View Post

Cheers for the info on Android as i think i have pretty much decided to go with them as have found the watch cheaper than i hoped so cant go wrong. Although i think in a few years i am ging to have to go for the Toubillon skeleton as that just looks very nice
    Your choice. I'd save up.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Quote Originally Posted by AAWATCHES View Post
    If your looking for a skeleton just because you want to enjoy the movement, it makes no difference how much it cost, there many fine quality made watches in your price range.
    Such as?

The only reason i wanted a more expensive (all relative) version is simply as i had the momey for it, so figured i might as well. Except as i said £300- £400 is smack bang in the middle of; You have more money than most watches will cost you but no way near enough for a really good one :)

So as you say i have settled on the less expensive version and save my money. Android seems to be the way to go for me as have found the watch below for about $220

Virtuoso 45 Tungsten Skeleton

I also managed to to find a vid showing it. On that note i found it really hard finding videos of Android phones i think they should really market better. A pic does wonders but seeing it on vid is key for me
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeOaug1HXBE&feature=related#t=00m49s
    Last edited by Neegs; December 9th, 2011 at 16:09.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Your choice. I'd save up.
    At the price i found the Android watch i can cover it as a christmas present. Leaving me the option of being able to save up as you suggested

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information