Hello , first off I have been browsing this forum for a few days now and have managed to learn more about watches that I thought possible. The only problem is a little bit of knowledge is dangerous and now I am ready to give up in looking for the perfect watch as there doesn’t seem to be one.
I have searched for Skeleton watches on this forum and gone through a fair few threads. The link below was a very good source of information
My issue is I would like a Skeleton watch but my price range seems to be going against me at the moment for what I like. I like full skeleton watches preferably with as much movement as possible ( I simply love watching them) and also I prefer a seconds hand. Either they are really cheap ranging from £80 to about - £150 or really expensive £600+. My issue is my price range is in the middle £300 to absolute max of £400 (unless I absolutely love it ?). So about $468-$625. All the onses ranging from about £200-£300 seem to be the inflated, will break after a week brands.
I seem to like the garish Skelton watches that are not very popular on here like invicta, and Theorema. The latter was discussed in the linked thread which is a pity as this was my favourite.. From reading I have learnt that a lot of these Chinese watches simply take cheep parts or reject parts from other watches and then inflate the price. So I will go through the watches I have seen, please help if you can.
- Invicta seems to have a really bad name on here
- Ingersoll. This is what got me into skeletonised watches but he watch I bought came to me broken so returned it and started the search and realised there are much nicer watches.
- Therorema. This is the perfect style but have read that this uses Hangzhou which you can get cheap so no point paying the prices Therorema want. Shame I REALLY like the style
- Jules Audemars. Looked at a watch that looked good read the specification and they use Seagull but again are more expensive
- Stuhrling – I like these but as I have more money to play with I thought I would use it.
- Swatch body and soul – suggested by many but a tad small
- Rotary Vintage – just doesn’t have the sparkle Im looking for
- seagull – seem to be the preferred choice but again I have a bit more money to play with
- Rougious I have heard nothing about this brand but it doesn’t fill me with confidence that they are meant to be $500 but then reduced to $200. Never really a good sign
- Andoid - These i like but the Bezel is so thick but is a possibiulity
Virtuoso 45 Tungsten Skeleton
I think I blabbed on enough. Any help would be appreciated