Mido COSC certificate
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Mido COSC certificate

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mido COSC certificate

hey guys I'm new here in this forum and I've bought myself a chronometer Mido baroncelli 111 M010.408.16.033.29.
    Since it is a chronometer, therefore it should have a cert by COSC but I got a reproduced certificate by Mido. My authorised dealer told me that Mido start implementing this since june 2012. The reason given was because a lot of customer lost the original cert and it is a long procedures and time to get another new cert from COSC. Thus all the original certificate will be kept by Mido. This way any customer lost their cert can easily obtain it back from mido.

Can anybody verify this info???
    thanks
    rfortson likes this.

Inactive

Re: Mido COSC certificate

While it doesn't verify what you want to know, from this > COSC - Contrôle Officiel Suisse des Chronomètres it would make sense

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

Quote Originally Posted by chin View Post
    hey guys I'm new here in this forum and I've bought myself a chronometer Mido baroncelli 111 M010.408.16.033.29.
    Since it is a chronometer, therefore it should have a cert by COSC but I got a reproduced certificate by Mido. My authorised dealer told me that Mido start implementing this since june 2012. The reason given was because a lot of customer lost the original cert and it is a long procedures and time to get another new cert from COSC. Thus all the original certificate will be kept by Mido. This way any customer lost their cert can easily obtain it back from mido.

Can anybody verify this info???
    thanks
    Interesting. The easiest way to verify it is go onto the Mido website and ask them the question directly.

Congrats on your Baroncelli, by the way. I have one myself and think it's an excellent piece. Mido is one of those low profile Swiss watch companies that produce very nice watches at attractive prices, but is largely unknown here in North America.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BrentYYC View Post
    Mido is one of those low profile Swiss watch companies that produce very nice watches at attractive prices, but is largely unknown here in North America.
    Ditto. Your Mido was an inspired choice! Enjoy it and wear it in good health! Happy holidays!
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

thanks guys for your input, I have already contacted mido and now waiting for their reply. When I first look at mido watches and their price I immediately fell in love with them....

anyway, here is how the reproduced certificate looks like
    Name:  COSC cert 1.jpg
Views: 1860
Size:  319.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Show us your Baroncelli!

Smile Re: Mido COSC certificate

Quote Originally Posted by drx86 View Post
    Show us your Baroncelli!
    here you go, for your info this is my first personal watch bought with my own hard earn money. Quite happy with it so far.
    Name:  Mido.jpg
Views: 1567
Size:  127.7 KBName:  Mido 2.jpg
Views: 1569
Size:  113.7 KB
    geoffbot, drx86 and rubsiu like this.

Hey there,

I also just bought a Mido Baroncelli watch. Same certificate. Has Mido replied to you about the COSC certificate?

Cheers.
    little big feather likes this.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mushamir View Post
    Hey there,

I also just bought a Mido Baroncelli watch. Same certificate. Has Mido replied to you about the COSC certificate?

Cheers.
    OP did not come back since January 2013, so I would suggest to e-mail Mido to find out.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Rolex is COSC and does not issue a certificate,my Bvlgari is too, no certificate,Breitling is, with Certificate.....Many companies no longer issue
    the COSC Certificate, they just have it on the watch and in the owner's manual it will just state COSC Certified. That statement on the box is
    enough.
    Last edited by little big feather; August 24th, 2014 at 20:08.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information