mido multifort and all dial

Thread: mido multifort and all dial

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

mido multifort and all dial

considering a mido as next purchase - opinions and recommendations on either the multifort or all dial - models you especially like and dealers you have had good service and price from.

anything else you can tell me about mido as a watchmaker, brand and history?

i really like the all dial M8340.8.D8.1 but $1000 might be too rich for my budget right now.

i also like the classic design of the multifortM8830.4.74.8 ay about half the price.

and i like the
    M8330.4.11.1 however i think at 38mm the case is a tad too small for me - prefer 42mm+

thoughts?

thanks in advance.

rawlus

Re: mido multifort and all dial

I just got the Mido Multifort Automatic Chronograph and wrote a review on the Affordables Forum of it. Bottom line - a lot of watch for the money.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=46610
    -Robert
    Buy what you like, keep what you love, don't spend too much.
    As long as you follow those simple rules - you shouldn't listen to anyone about your watches.

Quote Originally Posted by rawlus® View Post

anything else you can tell me about mido as a watchmaker, brand and history?

i really like the all dial M8340.8.D8.1 but $1000 might be too rich for my budget right now.

i also like the classic design of the multifortM8830.4.74.8 ay about half the price.

and i like the
    M8330.4.11.1 however i think at 38mm the case is a tad too small for me - prefer 42mm+

thoughts?

thanks in advance.

rawlus
    Here's the Mido website link:
    http://www.mido.ch/en/home

You will find it has the information you need including the history of the marque.

I do not know where you live, so I can't help with AD. There are some reputable on-line dealers who sell Mido. Have a look with Google.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Docrwm View Post
    I just got the Mido Multifort Automatic Chronograph and wrote a review on the Affordables Forum of it. Bottom line - a lot of watch for the money.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=46610
    Yeah, and every time you show it to us I start drooling uncontrollably... bastard

I bought a vintage Mido Multifort date for my wife (32mm case) and she loves it. Mido seems to me to be a good value brand, alot of quality for a reasonable price. Another brand like this is Oris. Lots of bang for the buck.
    Charlie

DeVille Prestige 4800.31.01
    Seamaster, 1961, Gold, Cal. 500
    Seamaster Pro 2231.80
    Speedmaster 3523.30
    Speedmaster Pro 3570.50

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by rawlus® View Post

Anything else you can tell me about mido as a watchmaker, brand and history?
    Well, MIDO surprised the world with some milestones of watchmaking:

Mido G. Schaeren & Co AF founded in Solothurn.

Mido Multifort (absolutely water resistant, antimagnetic and shockproof watch) was launched.
    One of the most important milestones in the brand`s history.To prove that the watch functioned perfectly under very extreme conditions, Mido had this model tested very thoroughly by the NY "Electrical Testing Laboratories Inc.". Underwater tests were conducted in fresh water as well as in saltwater for over a thousand hours.

Mido Multifort Automatic, the first watch available on the market combining automatic winding
    + water resistance
    + antimagnetic
    + shock protection.

First indestructible springs for watches
    Mido Datometer (additional hand for date indication)

New production plant opened at Biel.

The "Powerwind" winding system comes into existance.

Mido´s main supplier, "Ebauches A. Schild S.A." (short term AS), certified that Mido has ordered 1.000.000 automatic ebauches.

The "Mido Ocean Star" is presented to the public.
    Still a well respected monocoque case (one piece case) which still can be obtained by the current models of the Mido Ocean Star Commander.
    Today the Mido Commander is one of the most recognized watches which design didn´t change a lot over the decades.

My Mido Commander

Mido watches are sold in 111 countries which is another milestone in the late 60ties.

During 1977 Mido produced 29074 COSC-certified movements (good old times )

80th anniversary of MIDO.

In our days Mido is part of the Swatch Group. Mido watches are known as reasonable priced quality timepieces. The Mido Commader looks a bit old fashioned. For those who don´t like the vintage look Mido created the All-Dial-series which is................impressive at least.

I would say go for the Mido. They put a lot of goodies onto their movments such as Inabloc shock protection, Glucydur balance wheel, etc etc. They do use the upgraded ETA movments. Also they make affordable chronometer watches.

Unfortunately, Mido gets overlooked because of Tissot and Hamilton, but I think Mido is a little higher on the food chain than both of them. If you were to get a Mido you wouldn't see yourself coming and going.
    ToddH

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by thodgins View Post
    I would say go for the Mido. They put a lot of goodies onto their movments such as Inabloc shock protection, Glucydur balance wheel, etc etc. They do use the upgraded ETA movments. Also they make affordable chronometer watches.

Unfortunately, Mido gets overlooked because of Tissot and Hamilton, but I think Mido is a little higher on the food chain than both of them. If you were to get a Mido you wouldn't see yourself coming and going.
    Amen to that - I've never even seen another Mido Multifort Auto Chrono posted about on the lists - let alone seen one in person!
    -Robert
    Buy what you like, keep what you love, don't spend too much.
    As long as you follow those simple rules - you shouldn't listen to anyone about your watches.

Picture Re: Mido multifort and All dial

This is my Mido All Dial Ti. The first photo was taken in low light:

This was in near darkness - unusual lume different color hands and indices.

stuffler,mike

Re: Mido multifort and All dial

Hi Stevie,

Thanks a lot for sharing Appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information