Mido Website?

Thread: Mido Website?

Mido Website?

Does anyone know the website for Mido, or some similar resource? I'm pretty well set on getting a Multifort at this point. However, I've noticed that even on Froogle the shops pulled up have not one "Multifort" but several, ranging in price from $355 to just shy of $2000. It looks like they all feature stainless steel, 25jewel ETA 2824 movements, and sapphire crystals, with the pricier ones having complications like chronographs. However, I'd really like to find something that differentiates the various models (for examlpe, on one site the Mido has an ETA Valjoux 7750 movement). E-Bay isn' t really clear as to whether all permutations of Mido contain the same ameneties (chiefly the three listed above and anti-shock devices, as I've found some listing both Incabloc and Nivacourbe devices).

stuffler,mike

Re: Mido Website?

Quote Originally Posted by oneeyedhobbit
    Does anyone know the website for Mido, or some similar resource? I'm pretty well set on getting a Multifort at this point. However, I've noticed that even on Froogle the shops pulled up have not one "Multifort" but several, ranging in price from $355 to just shy of $2000. It looks like they all feature stainless steel, 25jewel ETA 2824 movements, and sapphire crystals, with the pricier ones having complications like chronographs. However, I'd really like to find something that differentiates the various models (for examlpe, on one site the Mido has an ETA Valjoux 7750 movement). E-Bay isn' t really clear as to whether all permutations of Mido contain the same ameneties (chiefly the three listed above and anti-shock devices, as I've found some listing both Incabloc and Nivacourbe devices).
    I will be looking at this model in titanium at an AD tomorrow. I'll let you know if I buy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Is Mido a good brand? I never heard about it. :-S

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by picard
    Is Mido a good brand? I never heard about it. :-S
    It is, MIDO is know to the connaisseurs all over the world. MIDO has a quite interesting history and provides as very good quality on the entry level.

Some of their models are famous since more than 30 years (with slight modifications). For example: The Mido Multifort in 1934 was the first automatic, anti-magnetic, water-proof, and shock resistant watch.
    The Multifort was re-launched in 1998 in celebration of the company's 80th anniversary.
    Other historical steps of the Mido development:
    1934: first watch with unbreakable spring
    1945: first center Chronograph (wich means that all hands were acting from the center
    1954: presentation of the world's most powerful winding mechanism,
    1967: launch of the smallest automatic ladies watch
    1959: launch of the Mido Commander

The Mido Commander became the incarnation of Mido and was equipped in the 70ties with what became known as [b]Aquadura Crown Sealing System [/] which can be taken as a hallmark of Mido watches.

The Mido Worldtimer is another watch which is well recognized all over the world.

My father in law got the Commander when getting 70. I have always admired his MIDO

A lot of Mido watches are COSC certified.

IMHO Mido is known for offering one of the best price-value ratios, a sleeper though.

Pics by courtesy of MIDO .

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike
    It is, MIDO is know to the connaisseurs all over the world. MIDO has a quite interesting history and provides as very good quality on the entry level.

Some of their models are famous since more than 30 years (with slight modifications). For example: The Mido Multifort in 1934 was the first automatic, anti-magnetic, water-proof, and shock resistant watch.
    The Multifort was re-launched in 1998 in celebration of the company's 80th anniversary.
    Other historical steps of the Mido development:
    1934: first watch with unbreakable spring
    1945: first center Chronograph (wich means that all hands were acting from the center
    1954: presentation of the world's most powerful winding mechanism,
    1967: launch of the smallest automatic ladies watch
    1959: launch of the Mido Commander

The Mido Commander became the incarnation of Mido and was equipped in the 70ties with what became known as [b]Aquadura Crown Sealing System [/] which can be taken as a hallmark of Mido watches.

The Mido Worldtimer is another watch which is well recognized all over the world.

My father in law got the Commander when getting 70. I have always admired his MIDO

A lot of Mido watches are COSC certified.

IMHO Mido is known for offering one of the best price-value ratios, a sleeper though.

Pics by courtesy of MIDO .

I bought my Mido Multifort off the Bay. Its a rugged little watch. Good value for the money and for those looking for an entry-level automatic watch, its a good step up from a Swatch. Kind of funny in an ironic way, since Mido is now owned by the Swatch Group! :-D

Thread Information