Might sell/trade my speedy pro for a pelagos...thoughts?
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Might sell/trade my speedy pro for a pelagos...thoughts?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 65
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    508

    Might sell/trade my speedy pro for a pelagos...thoughts?

    Thinking about trading/selling my speedy pro for a black pelagos. Thoughts? The history of the speedy doesn't do much for me. That's not why I bought it. I like the watch but feel like the pelagos might be more my style. Anyone else make this decision?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by croll326; July 6th, 2016 at 06:07.

  2. #2
    Member sticky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    54,160

    Re: Might sell/trade my speedy pro for a pelagos...thoughts?

    I wouldn't do it but if the Speedy doesn't make your pulse race and the Pelagos does a flip might be in order.
    rfortson and Ard like this.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    944

    Re: Might sell/trade my speedy pro for a pelagos...thoughts?

    Unless it's a DSOTM speedy, I would do it without a second thought.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member mleok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    La Jolla, CA
    Posts
    18,361

    Re: Might sell/trade my speedy pro for a pelagos...thoughts?

    If the Speedy Pro doesn't do anything for you, I don't see why you shouldn't sell it for a Pelagos. The only thing going for the Speedy Pro is the NASA connection.
    Diegos, CM HUNTER and Ard like this.


    Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

    Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

  6. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    27.6648N,81.5158W
    Posts
    131

    Re: Might sell/trade my speedy pro for a pelagos...thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by croll326 View Post
    ...but feel like the pelagos might be more my style.
    From the wording of your post you sound ambivalent about both watches. I wouldn't give up a Speedy for a Pelagos Black which is (pardon me for saying so) a Submariner wanna-be. While the history of the Speedmaster may not interest you, your Speedy is on almost every list of top ten "must own" watches. You own an iconic piece and you are thinking about flipping it for a watch that is just one of the crowd. Having said that, no one can tell you why you like something, you just do. So, if armed with all the facts you still feel the urge to buy the Pelagos then go for it. But sleep on it first.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    556

    Re: Might sell/trade my speedy pro for a pelagos...thoughts?

    If you are not certain, give it some more time before doing anything. Personally you couldn't give me the Pelagos. I hate the Hour Hand, but if you like it, that's all that matters! Good luck.
    hedet likes this.

  8. #7
    Member rfortson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    10,403

    Re: Might sell/trade my speedy pro for a pelagos...thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by mleok View Post
    If the Speedy Pro doesn't do anything for you, I don't see why you shouldn't sell it for a Pelagos. The only thing going for the Speedy Pro is the NASA connection.
    Well, I certainly bought mine for the NASA connection but I wonder if that's really all it has going for it. I think the style is pretty classic, like the Sub. I guess it wouldn't even be around now days without the NASA connection. Interesting thought.

    Oh, and to the OP, if you like the Pelagos better, flip it. Though I suspect you might regret it down the line. You won't know until you do it.

    Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

  9. #8
    Member falcon4311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    11,433

    Re: Might sell/trade my speedy pro for a pelagos...thoughts?

    Just be aware that the 2 watches wear very differently. The Pelagos stands quite tall, it is light given the size of the watch since it's titanium. Both are great watches so the decision is ultimately up to you.





    VIEW MY SALES FEEDBACK>>>>HERE




    /ll[_\__\]
    l llL-_O|||||||O_
    ()_)()_)()_)

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    944

    Re: Might sell/trade my speedy pro for a pelagos...thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brofessor View Post
    From the wording of your post you sound ambivalent about both watches. I wouldn't give up a Speedy for a Pelagos Black which is (pardon me for saying so) a Submariner wanna-be. While the history of the Speedmaster may not interest you, your Speedy is on almost every list of top ten "must own" watches. You own an iconic piece and you are thinking about flipping it for a watch that is just one of the crowd. Having said that, no one can tell you why you like something, you just do. So, if armed with all the facts you still feel the urge to buy the Pelagos then go for it. But sleep on it first.
    A submariner wannabe? Come off it. The only thing the pelagos and sub have in common is that they are dive watches.

  11. #10
    Member mleok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    La Jolla, CA
    Posts
    18,361

    Re: Might sell/trade my speedy pro for a pelagos...thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by rfortson View Post
    Well, I certainly bought mine for the NASA connection but I wonder if that's really all it has going for it. I think the style is pretty classic, like the Sub. I guess it wouldn't even be around now days without the NASA connection. Interesting thought.

    Oh, and to the OP, if you like the Pelagos better, flip it. Though I suspect you might regret it down the line. You won't know until you do it.

    Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk
    The Speedy Pro is the only design that Omega hasn't totally revamped every few years, so I'm pretty certain that it would not exist in its present form without the NASA connection. Mind you, I agree that even absent the NASA connection, they should leave it alone, but Omega doesn't seem to understand that concept.
    rfortson, bb-man and Ard like this.


    Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

    Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 41
      Last Post: February 19th, 2016, 18:39
    2. Swapping a Pelagos for a Speedy Pro?
      By skorN83 in forum Public Forum
      Replies: 19
      Last Post: August 24th, 2014, 10:40
    3. Where to sell Speedy Pro?
      By Speedyaxe in forum Omega
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: December 3rd, 2011, 08:16
    4. Your thoughts on this Speedy Pro?
      By Buzz in forum Omega
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: July 30th, 2009, 15:12
    5. Should I sell my Speedy Pro to fund a PO?
      By kid-a in forum Dive watches
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: June 12th, 2008, 16:00

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts