Minerva Chronograph- gift with no box or certificates. need some information/help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Galactic Sushiman

Thread: Minerva Chronograph- gift with no box or certificates. need some information/help

Minerva Chronograph- gift with no box or certificates. need some information/help

Like the title says, my wife was given what we believe to be a very nice watch many years ago. She has simply kept it in a glasses case in a drawer until now but we both would like to know more about the watch and some kind of ballpark value to it. We know very little about the watch but this is what is known. It is a Minerva Chronograph(cal.13-21 collection). It is a manual winding movement. We think it is in white gold(not sure as we cant seem to find a hallmark). It was handmade in Villeret. Original crocodile or alligator dark navy blue strap. The watch is without a box or any kind of certificates. My wife was given it as a gift from an ex-boyfriend a longtime ago. I have attached several pictures.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Minerva Chronograph- gift with no box or certificates. need some information/help

So it is not letting me post any pictures or even link my imgur album of the watch. Any ideas of how I can go about showing the forum pictures of it?

Re: Minerva Chronograph- gift with no box or certificates. need some information/help

Wrong forum.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Here is the watch (I saw your post on reddit. so I linked the images).

(and, mister watchbreath, from the price point I see on C24 and the finishing on those bridges I would say it's the right forum to ask :D)

Name:  M3V0pWy.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  530.6 KB

Name:  xwSqsSo.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  550.4 KB

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Model is known as the Minerva Villeret “1858 Fait a Main” Monopoussoir Chronograph.

The movement - cal 13-21, is very well-known among collectors. The caliber 13 powered many classical Minerva Chronographs (as mono- and bi-pusher movement, with 30min or 45min counter) and was one of the few manufacture calibres on the market.

And as a note for our new member bon092 whose post got deleted: this is not a sales forum, this is a discussion forum. If you are looking for a Minerva Villeret “1858 Fait a Main” Monopoussoir chrono post a WTB in our sales corner. Thank you.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Thread Information