Minimalist watch collection
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Minimalist watch collection

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Minimalist watch collection

Anyone buy just one watch and think that maybe you don't need anymore? Certainly the case for me right now. After buying my aqua terra which I love I don't really feel the need to have more than just my aqua terra.

Of course I'll pick up a g shock as a beater watch, but now it feels like I am ready to narrow down my collection to no more than 3-5 watches.

With that being said my final collection would be my aqua terra, a seamaster professional, Cartier tank Santos, a solar g shock, and a speedy pro.

I know that's omega heavy there, but at least I got a beater, and a versatile dress watch. I feel all my bases are covered. My sports watch is the speedy pro, my every day watches are the g shock or aqua terra, dress is Cartier, and the smp is my tool or all around if needed.

Just curious if anyone has gotten to this point yet and felt that a 5 watch collection or less is perfect.
    Rosarito and brandon\ like this.

Re: Minimalist watch collection

Quote Originally Posted by somyp View Post
    Anyone buy just one watch and think that maybe you don't need anymore? Certainly the case for me right now. After buying my aqua terra which I love I don't really feel the need to have more than just my aqua terra.

Of course I'll pick up a g shock as a beater watch, but now it feels like I am ready to narrow down my collection to no more than 3-5 watches.

With that being said my final collection would be my aqua terra, a seamaster professional, Cartier tank Santos, a solar g shock, and a speedy pro.

I know that's omega heavy there, but at least I got a beater, and a versatile dress watch. I feel all my bases are covered. My sports watch is the speedy pro, my every day watches are the g shock or aqua terra, dress is Cartier, and the smp is my tool or all around if needed.

Just curious if anyone has gotten to this point yet and felt that a 5 watch collection or less is perfect.
    I love how as you wrote the post you went from minimalist 1 watch collection to needing a beater and a dress watch, and then a sports watch eventually to a 5 watch collection.

Just take a guess as to whats going to happen once you reach that 5 watch collection? ;)

Welcome!

I honestly think I’m going minimalist. 3 watches plus a gshock
    My collection changes so often I got tired of redoing my signature

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I always say I'm not going to buy another, until I see a good buy and can't help myself... I've ended up with 3 Victorinox's, and two of them are Mavericks (albeit slightly different models). I guess the real sickness comes once you get into the higher end stuff, for now I've been able to refrain from making any super upscale purchases.

I wore a Sinn EZM 10 everyday for over two years, although I kept my Cartier Roadster for the rare times I “dressed up” and because it was a gift from my wife.
    This was after having collected watches for 30 years. Now I’ve returned to it since last Christmas, and rotate through five different watches.

My 'collection' has been steadily shrinking. Within the last several months I've sold what used to be a few of my favorite watches...I can see myself adding another 1 or 2 but I'm not in a rush to do so!
    drhr likes this.
    Adnan

Current 'pieces:

Rolex GMT II BLNR

Zenith Defy
    Omega SMP 2254.50
    Seiko SAGN007
    Ulysse Nardin Classico
    Hermes Slim d'Hermes

Gone:
    Audemars Piguet 15300
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas
    Jaeger LeCoultre Tribute to Deep Sea vintage chronograph
    Rolex DateJust41 126300

Rolex Daytona 116500

JeanRichard Terrascope
    IWC 3239 Laureus

Rolex Explorer II 216570
    Speedmaster Co-Axial 9300
    Omega Aqua Terra 2503.33
    Omega Aqua Terra 2502.80
    Omega SM300
    Speedy Pro 3572.50 w/ a Panda dial (three times)
    Speedy Pro 3570.50 (several times)

Oris 65

I can't really say that 5 is a "minimalist" collection haha. In my mind minimalist is what my dad has: he's been wearing his two tone Raymond Weil Tango since my mom bought it for him around 1991. Yours may not be as large as some others on here, but it's still a collection for sure.

At the moment I'm working to get my rotation down to 3: Explorer, Milgauss, and some sort of beater (haven't decided if I'm going to go G-Shock or keep the Seiko).
    Current: Rolex Milgauss "Z-Blue" || JLC Master Quartz

Mine fluctuates, but my box only holds 10, and I vowed never to go above that. I have an inkling 2019 will be a year of reduction. I have a strap problem, anyway. Constantly trying different brands and colors (no NATOs though...). It's a fun, cheap, and easy way to make the watch feel new again. Also trying to hone in my hollow end link integration bending skills (hollow gets a bad rap around WUS, but if done properly, can bring just as much joy as solid).

Ideally I'd like to get down to six or so. Currently contemplating an OP (my favorite style) but shelling that much $$ out would put an end to all collecting forever...
    "I think I may make bold to say, that there is neither any other Mechanical or Mathematical thing in the World that is more beautiful or curious in texture than this my watch or Timekeeper for the Longitude..." ~John Harrison F.R.S., 1759

I'm happy with my current collection, but I still sometimes get the itch to buy something else and fill out those empty watch box slots. It doesn't hurt to still look around, right :P
    Omega Constellation (Claws, 2-tone, White Dial)
    Glashutte Original Panoreserve (Blue Dial)
    Rolex Datejust Turn-O-Graph (16264, Black Dial)

People like different things; and that's okay!

I say two...one to wear everyday, every occasion and a back up in case of failure of the primary.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information