Mirus Watches real life look
Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By 41Mets
  • 1 Post By MikeCfromLI

Thread: Mirus Watches real life look

Mirus Watches real life look

I have the privilege of wearing the Mirus prototype. Just want to post some real life pictures and give very general thoughts and initial impression. I'll add to this over the course of time I have the watch on my wrist.

First off, Lucas, the owner of Mirus, is a fantastic guy.

First impression of holding the watch in hand screams quality. It has a nice weight to it, bracelet is solid and not clinky, and SUPERB finishing on the bezel.

If you want to get a sense of first impression of quality in a comparison, think Sinn 556, Monta Triumph.

The watch has a sellita movement, is made in Switzerland, and has one of the most beautiful Sunburst blue dials I've ever seen at any price point.

As far as I can recall, it has a kickstarter opening price of $649 and then goes up to $999.

I'll let you take in the photos.

I should say that I am not being paid for this nor am I receiving anything for trying out the prototype. I just thought it would be fun so I have no conflict of interest.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 41Mets; 4 Days Ago at 01:35.
    Glashütte Senator Sixties Panodate Green
    Triton Subphotique blue
    Ball Fireman NECC
    Casio G-Shock full metal steel

Garden City Park, New York, United States

Re: Mirus Watches real life look

Met Lucas at the Phillie Gtg and live close on LI I hope he does well reminds me some of my aqua Terra
    41Mets likes this.
    MikeCfromLI

Quote Originally Posted by MikeCfromLI View Post
    Met Lucas at the Phillie Gtg and live close on LI I hope he does well reminds me some of my aqua Terra
    Maybe you and I met at the Philly get together as well. That's where I met him!

We had really good conversation. I was wearing the Lorier Hydra and you've got to give credit to somebody who's starting his own watch brand who sees great things in other watches, and who looks up to the way other new watch companies are starting and owning their businesses.

Triton Subphotique blue
    Ball Fireman NECC

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Garden City Park, New York, United States

I had the four omegas the steinharts and a bunch of NTH’s had a case there
    MikeCfromLI

Some more photos to show us the phenomenal blue. And also a comparison of some other wonderful blues that I have either owned or have tried on that have made an impression on me.

Triton Subphotique blue
    Ball Fireman NECC

After having worn this watch for a few days in a row and having handled it, just a few additional thoughts.

I'm sure it says it's on their website, but I want to pass along that this is a Swiss watch, will be assembled in Switzerland with the majority of its parts from Switzerland including the sellita movement.

The watch feels like a quality timepiece when you're holding it and when it's on the wrist. It's one of those watches that I enjoy looking at, and to be frank, that's the most important part of a watch for me (besides, of course, it keeping generally good time) . If I'm going to spend the money on it, I not only need to love the way it feels, the way it keeps time, a little bit of its story, the finishing of it, but I mostly need to love it when I look at it, and this one really does fit that bill.

There are a few things that I brought up to the owner of the company, who is extremely receptive at getting feedback.

I mentioned the possibility of some micro links for the bracelet, possibly shifting from a butterfly clasp to a fold-over deployant ( just my preference), the possibility of adding a polished bevel to the edge of the case and brushing the side of the case rather than having a polished side. Somethings were ideas that he would keep in mind for a second generation as it's too far along in the process to consider any big changes in design, and other things he explained some of his own preferences for the watch design.

I don't think any of my suggestions would keep me from potentially picking this watch up. These are just things that, with the opportunity to try a prototype, gave me the opportunity to give some feedback.

Lastly, he is planning on getting a slightly larger crown that has a greater surface area to grab onto when unscrewing and screwing, and he says the tolerance for the watches, with the fit of the bracelet and other factors are not as crisp as they will be in the final version.

Do you has any feedback on the watch? Mirus watches has a watchuseek account and will probably come across this thread and I'm happy to pass along any feedback to him as well.

Triton Subphotique blue
    Ball Fireman NECC

Thank you for the kind words!

And of course, if anyone has any questions for me, I'm happy to address (but would encourage you to ask Mets41 for the full, unbiased answer!)

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Thread Information