Mission Impossible

Thread: Mission Impossible

Confused Mission Impossible

No, not the kind with Tom Cruise, but it's about a birtday present for a super demanding sister.

She would like a Radiomir cased watch with a 6497 movement, but with date. That's Mission Challenging.

It also needs to have a sandwichdial. That's an upgrade to Mission Difficult.

But she would also like the movement to be skeletized. I think that's Mission Impossible.

To start with the simplest mission, does anyone know if there is an (Asian) 6497 or 6498 movement with date?

I have a skeletonized 6497, modified with a GMT function and day/night indicator. So there are modified 6497 movements, but never seen one with a date function (have seen Power Reserve too).
    Last edited by marnix_moed; November 19th, 2009 at 01:41.

Banned

Re: Mission Impossible

Harry: There are two kinds of women: high maintenance and low maintenance.
    Sally: Which one am I?
    Harry: You're the worst kind; you're high maintenance but you think you're low maintenance.
    Sally: I don't see that.
    Harry: You don't see that? Waiter, I'll begin with a house salad, but I don't want the regular dressing. I'll have the balsamic vinegar and oil, but on the side. And then the salmon with the mustard sauce, but I want the mustard sauce on the side. "On the side" is a very big thing for you.
    Sally: Well, I just want it the way I want it.
    Harry: I know; high maintenance.

Do you have a budget for this watch? A large budget? Anything is possible I suppose.

I have seen 6497s with a date function, but not in the watch she's looking for and it almost certainly wasn't a skeleton watch. And she has to have a skeleton movement with a dial completely obscuring it?

Go back and see if she can change some of her requirements...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Some gals want what they want, a they know what they want...
    Thx for the cheers!

How about the student's budget, would that cover it
    I have seen 6497 going into the thousands of dollars (think about Panerai), hunderds of dollars (think of Zeno), or tens of dollars (think of Parnis). I've found a modified Hangzhou version for well under 100 bucks, so anything could be possible.

As far as the specs. Her dream watch, would be what I described. But concessions can be made in many places. The important things is that she likes the looks of it. Important is that the watch needs to have a date function. I have a Radiomir homage watch with a 6497 movement, which she liked a lot. But she misses the date function too much..

Any other tips for a skeletonised watch with date are welcome, but it needs to have a dial. She does likes to enjoy looking at the movement, but only from the back. The front needs to have a dial.

Question Re: Mission Impossible

Quote Originally Posted by HilltopMichael View Post
    I have seen 6497s with a date function
    Do you happen to have examples? Links perhaps? I can't find them on Google with "6497 date".

Thread Information