mission impossible. looking for a yellow gold automatic dress watch for <2000$
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: mission impossible. looking for a yellow gold automatic dress watch for <2000$

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Confused mission impossible. looking for a yellow gold automatic dress watch for <2000$

Dear all,

I am a new member of this forum although I have read several posts on dress watches in other threads. I am Italian, 30y old and I am an happy owner of a Rolex submariner no-date and a JL reverso night&day... both are gifts from my parents.

I have now decided to enlarge my "collection" and to buy myself a proper dress watch, but I am getting crazy to find the right one with all my specs . I am open to new (if I can find a nice offer on ebay or somewhere) or vintage, but I would like to chose among the well known brands (longines, omega, zenith, iwc,..) to do a kind of "long-term investment"

hereafter my bullet points:
    • yellow solid gold
    • round case
    • >= 35mm
    • automatic
    • white dial with roman numbers or no numbers

among my preferred watches: Zenith Elite, Longines La grande Classique, Baume & Mercier Classima, but all 3 are slightly above my budget.

I really hope to get some good hints from this forum :)

Thank you all in advance

Re: mission impossible. looking for a yellow gold automatic dress watch for <2000$

20 years ago that might have been easy.

Re: mission impossible. looking for a yellow gold automatic dress watch for <2000$

You could start going through the gold watch list on Chrono24 : Gold Watches on Chrono24: Rolex, Cartier, Omega

You can put a price range in on the left side, and pick brands if you like. It should give you some idea of what vintage pieces might fall into your price range. I'd think some Omega, UG, or Longines might work on price, but odds are that they'll either be manual wind, or too small.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Baume has a lot of 14k and 18k solid gold watches from the 60s, 70s, and 80s. In your price range you can get one in excellent condition, as they do not command the same premium as other brands like Omega and Zenith. eBay has a lot of these, just be sure to research the seller.

Vintage is going to be your best bet given your criteria, IMHO.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Good luck in your search....You will need it.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

What's going to make it challenging even for a vintage watch is the requirement that it be 35mm or larger. The best deals to be had on vintage watches are those which are small by modern standards, say in the 32mm to 33mm range.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

jah

I have this, vintage Girard Perregaux with 14k bezel and SS case-back. Automatic with date!
    Instagram= j_horton29

Welcome to the forum! Benvenuto!

I believe that if you find the right seller a Longines La Grande Classique in gold can be purchased for an amount of money very near to your budget. I bought one recently and during the search I found more than one alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by worksofart View Post

hereafter my bullet points:
    • yellow solid gold
    • round case
    • >= 35mm
    • automatic
    • white dial with roman numbers or no numbers

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information