Mistake in Description in Selling Used Watch

Thread: Mistake in Description in Selling Used Watch

Mistake in Description in Selling Used Watch

I posted a description for a used watch I'm selling with a TZ of 85%, but it's closer to 90% when I read the TZ guideline carefully. Should I change it or leave it since it might be unreasonable for me to change the description?
    Current Collection
    Swiss: Rolex Subarmariner 14060, Omega Speedmaster Professional 3572.50 w/ Mitsukoshi Dial, Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Duo Ref. 2458422, Longines Legend Diver L3.774.4.50.6
    German: Stowa Flieger Klassik (Old Logo, No Date), Damasko DA36, Nomos Tangente Ref. 164
    Japanese: Casio Mudman, G-Shock

Re: Mistake in Description in Selling Used Watch

The sales forum used to have an edit function, but I can't find it anymore. As long as the potential buyer is aware before the sale-I think you will be all set!

I'm not a member of TimeZone, only WUS, but I would avoid using the percentile grading system. I'm sure both the buyer and seller would prefer if any and all defects are accurately described. With the percentages, there's always room for the buyer to claim something like, "You said the watch was 90% but it's actually 85%. As a result, I want a full refund."
    "...[A] watch isn’t about telling the time, it is about your relationship with time. A watch is about style, a story and the history of both your watch and your own life."
    -Askmen.com's The Watch Snob

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I also think the TZ scale is totally subjective and let multiple high grade pictures do the talking. One man's 97% is another's 75%.
    "Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat"

Very good point, well I should have read the sales guideline more carefully for point of reference, to be honest I only had a vague idea when I posted my sales post. Need to be more diligent next time!
    Current Collection
    Swiss: Rolex Subarmariner 14060, Omega Speedmaster Professional 3572.50 w/ Mitsukoshi Dial, Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Duo Ref. 2458422, Longines Legend Diver L3.774.4.50.6
    German: Stowa Flieger Klassik (Old Logo, No Date), Damasko DA36, Nomos Tangente Ref. 164
    Japanese: Casio Mudman, G-Shock

If anything, you are stating in your post that the watch is slightly lower in quality than what you think it is from reading the guidelines, and I doubt anyone has good reason to complain of a watch that is 5% better than they believed it to be.

Grading a watch in such a manner is always dependant on who grades it too, so I would be tempted to leave it as is in the hope that the buyer gets a nice surprise, rather than getting the incredibly picky and pedantic buyer who will complain when he believes your watch should have been rated 85% rather than the 90% you stated and wants his money back.

I use the TZ scale and supplement with good photos and a very good description, calling out any noticable scratches or scuffs. Also, as other say, if I think my watch is TZ 95%, I will claim on my sales post that it is 90-92%. Always better to have the buyer pleasantly surprised by the condition when they receive the watch. This will only help you in the long run when you need references.

Kind Regards,
    Nick
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Thread Information