Mixing brand's straps

Thread: Mixing brand's straps

Mixing brand's straps

So one of the things that I love about watches is swapping out straps. I recently discovered that my Seiko snk809 looks awesome with my Citizen BM8180 strap. However, it feels strange to wear, like something is not right. I haven't felt like that before, but this is also the first time that I have had one brand's strap on another brand.

There is nothing to show that it is a Citizen strap except for on the inside of the strap. Still, it feels wrong to me in some strange way.

Anyone else relate? Do I have a mental health issue that needs to be examined?

Thanks,
    Todd

Re: Mixing brand's straps

Most OEM watches like those are fitted to a strap/bracelet selected combo of some variety.

Switching brands on stuff is done, but most go for something original to the watch that is not there now, or hit the aftermarket when they swap out.

It might be a bit "off" in some way that is noticeable to you.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by jc-orginalbdass View Post
    So one of the things that I love about watches is swapping out straps. I recently discovered that my Seiko snk809 looks awesome with my Citizen BM8180 strap. However, it feels strange to wear, like something is not right. I haven't felt like that before, but this is also the first time that I have had one brand's strap on another brand.

There is nothing to show that it is a Citizen strap except for on the inside of the strap. Still, it feels wrong to me in some strange way.

Anyone else relate? Do I have a mental health issue that needs to be examined?

Thanks,
    Todd
    I bet if the watch had originally had this Citizen strap fitted, that you wouldn't be feeling like this.

I suggest you find a way of removing the branding from the inside to sterilise it :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have some generic deployant clasps because I have switched straps from different brands. With a generic deployant clasp, you can't tell when its on because any brand marking is on the inside of the strap.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

It's Trademark Tampering...You can be prosecuted in 83 countries for that!
    I'm sorry...But I must turn you in.....That knock at your door will be the police.....

I hope this has been a lesson to all of you.....
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

If it looks good and the clasp doesn't say Citizen when the dial says Seiko then sure I would do it.
    Last edited by John MS; October 22nd, 2013 at 22:29.

Inactive

Hell, I've got several watches I'm about to do it on with some Steinhart straps (Kemmner, a UHR and a Zep!)

Thread Information