Miyota 8215, help needed regarding maintenance

Thread: Miyota 8215, help needed regarding maintenance

Confused Miyota 8215, help needed regarding maintenance

So, I have this watch powered by a Miyota 8215 since 2007, if i'm not wrong, that has seen everything, from hot temperatures (+80°C, 353.15K, 176°F) to below zero, and which took a good amount of beating and use, being the only watch I had for a long time.

Now, i'm wondering if it needs a revision, or something like that. I asked an advice to the local watchmaker, which is specialized in Miyota movements, and he said such calibers can last for a long time without any kind of maintenance. But afterall, if my watch breaks, he's going to get the money to repair it, so I need neutral advice here: will my beloved one keep ticking even after all the things he has been through, and I need not to worry about it, or do I need to get him serviced as soon as possible?

Re: Miyota 8215, help needed regarding maintenance

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    I stroke it to the east, And I stroke it to the west, And I stroke it to the woman that I love the best
    I be strokin

Do people drive their cars without oil until they break?
    Do airplanes fly until they fall from the sky, b/4 you service them?
    The answer in my honest opinion is no.....So service your watch if you want it
    to continue.....If the watch is not worth it, wear it until it breaks and buy a new one.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well it's a different matter, those miyota 8215 are tough, they will run for a long long long time, and they are not particularly expensive so why waste money in case.... and don't get me started on seals and what not. I had a daily citizen beater for 8 years, went everywhere with me 24/7 and I never had a single problem with it. Since it is an auto that we are talking about...I would say as long as your watch is not gaining or loosing time like crazy. I would not even bother.
    I stroke it to the east, And I stroke it to the west, And I stroke it to the woman that I love the best
    I be strokin

i believe in maintenance and do service my watches like Little Big Feather said

but to be honest..for a miyota 8215...i'd just let it run til it dies as long as its not gaining/loosing like eraserhead said

Thread Information