MK II vs Glycine vs Ball vs Hamilton vs Seiko Sarb vs Revue Thommen, build quality
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: MK II vs Glycine vs Ball vs Hamilton vs Seiko Sarb vs Revue Thommen, build quality

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MK II vs Glycine vs Ball vs Hamilton vs Seiko Sarb vs Revue Thommen, build quality

I've never held any of these other than Hamilton, so I was wondering how they stacked up to each other (and to brands I'm more familiar with, like Omega & Tag).

Thanks

Re: MK II vs Glycine vs Ball vs Hamilton vs Seiko Sarb vs Revue Thommen, build quality

I've handled all but Revue Thommen, and of those, Ball and MKII impressed me most. IMHO, both are as good as TAG, but Omega is above both in overall quality.

Re: MK II vs Glycine vs Ball vs Hamilton vs Seiko Sarb vs Revue Thommen, build quality

I have alot of respect for the Ball and Hamilton but I think Tag is a level above and Omega is two levels above.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Omega by far.

Ball is the best in your list and comparable to Tagand gets a thumbs up for tritium lume as well. Attention to detail, finishing and dial works is bettter than most in the price range. Omega is better overall but does not compete in this bracket at all.

Revue is decent depending on the model, their grey market prices are quite decent, same with Hamilton but I think Hamilton’s designs are more original and aesthetically better.

Of those on your list, Ball. I have Ball, Glycine, Hamilton, and Seiko. I rank them Ball>Glycine>Hamilton=Seiko. As has been noted, Omega>Tag>Ball, but honestly, I don't think there's that much difference between build quality of Tags compared to Ball. I've never handled a MKII or a Revue Thommen, so I can't comment on those.

Quote Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing View Post
    Revue is decent depending on the model, their grey market prices are quite decent, same with Hamilton but I think Hamilton’s designs are more original and aesthetically better.
    I have Revue Thommen moonphase, and RT Heritage was my recommendation in previous thread by OP. I agree with the assessment on the quality, the prices are very good (recommended watch was $350), and I totally, 100% disagree with regards to Hamilton comparison. As in, I've never met a Hamilton watch I'd like to own. To me, their designs are certainly recognizable - like cluttered 24-hour dial on the Khaki Field - just not in a good way.

On the first rung: Omega first, Ball second, Tag close behind; the rest, another rung down. Best value for the money (bang for the buck)--Ball, by far.

MKII is a spectacular micro brand. I have and still own several of Bill Yao’s watches and they are exceptionally well made.

I own a number of Hamilton, SARB035, glycine, and Tissot watches, and they’re all comparable. And excellent. The Seiko and the Glycine stand out especially.

Is there any way you can see them for yourself? Because I think that’s the only way to really get a feel for it ...
    Longines Heritage Flagship, Seiko SRPC97J1, Seiko SARB035, Glycine Combat Sub, Hamilton intra-matic, Hamilton Khaki Mechanical, Tissot Luxury COSC, Tissot Visodate, Tissot Le Locle, Tissot Le Locle Powermatic, Tissot T-navigator Chronograph, Seiko SNK807, Timex Expedition, Timex Marlin, Hamilton Jazzmaster GMT.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information