MM200 for $663... legit? citiwideonlinehk

Thread: MM200 for $663... legit? citiwideonlinehk

Hi There,

Anyone bought from or even heard of citiwideonlinehk before? I came across them through twitter... They have a few Seiko models for sale, one of which is the "MM200" for $5200HKD (around $663USD based on google's exchange rates today).

Search only reveals citiwideonline uk which has mixed reviews but claim to be selling legit stock. Unsure if this is the same store or another using that name.

On a related note, is MM200 too new & not expensive/popular enough to have fakes yet?

Thanks!

Re: MM200 for $663... legit? citiwideonlinehk

I looked them up and bought stuff from the through their eBay store. I never received the product (a Blumo) however they refunded my money no questions.

I did see this when I looked them up. Based on my experiences and the screenshot below I would be reluctant to buy from them unless it’s from their eBay store or I’ve used PayPal.
    Name:  CA04E265-F261-4C90-8F13-60F9284C09F5.jpeg
Views: 58
Size:  180.9 KB

It does seem a little cheap to me so I would be a bit wary.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you have to ask........

It's new and there does not seem to be much discounting yet. My advice would be to buy that watch from an established seller with a good reputation. Or if you want to roll the dice be sure that your credit card company will refund the purchase if there is a problem.

First rule of buying anything, anywhere. Buy from a seller that you can trust.

Perhaps I neglected a key point - my bad - Iím not buying online this time, they are based in HK and since Iíll be in HK for a week I plan to visit. They confirmed they have the ďMM200Ē in stock for that price but cash only

Thing is I doubt I could tell a real from a replica (but as stated earlier Iím not sure if replicas exist for this newish piece anyway).

Thoughts anyone?
    Thanks again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier View Post
    Perhaps I neglected a key point - my bad - I’m not buying online this time, they are based in HK and since I’ll be in HK for a week I plan to visit. They confirmed they have the “MM200” in stock for that price but cash only

Thing is I doubt I could tell a real from a replica (but as stated earlier I’m not sure if replicas exist for this newish piece anyway).

Thoughts anyone?
    Thanks again!!

I would bank on replicas existing. It’s disturbing what all gets replicated.

That being said from a bricks and mortar place who knows. HK is not a cheap place for watches. There’s an awesome selection but cheap they’re not. Personally if it seems too good to be true then...

Moderator Public Forum soaking.fused's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    It's new and there does not seem to be much discounting yet. My advice would be to buy that watch from an established seller with a good reputation. Or if you want to roll the dice be sure that your credit card company will refund the purchase if there is a problem.
    I agree with John.

Thanks for all the replies. Iím leaning more towards just buying from Gnomon which is at $820 (so about $157 more) - especially since my wife who is gifting this to me said she doesnít mind paying extra for peace of mind lol

However I am still doing a bit of search - since - if this is a legit store it will save me quite a lot in the long run.

A few points that may be noteworthy to others who happen to consider buying from them:
    (1) For what itís worth, they have been registered with HKTDC since the year 2000.
    (2) The site price.com.hk has loads of references about this company - mostly about cameras. Reviews are mixed, most bad ones pertain to refusing warranty service (I believe this is grey market so warranty cost the store), but no reports of fake seen.
    (3) They sent me this bad quality pic, which Iíd hope those with extremely discerning eyes could comment on!
    (4) I've seen other brick and mortar stores in Hong Kong (e.g., Jordan) going below Gnomon's $820USD --- converts to around $750USD (possibly grey market too) --- so Citiwideonline's price is not *that* out of whack compared to its competitors (of course who's to say they aren't all selling fakes)

Thanks!!

Name:  37687b74-4d4b-4fcc-8a96-77728a66dc1b.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  195.5 KBName:  5401b0ee-cc0d-4175-acb9-ae1f7c511cc0.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  268.1 KBName:  bbf5a257-bcaf-40a0-8861-f44bda614d10.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  253.5 KB

Last edited by Glacier; September 17th, 2018 at 09:52.

Thread Information