Modding a Lum-Tec M24 Tungsten

Thread: Modding a Lum-Tec M24 Tungsten

Modding a Lum-Tec M24 Tungsten

Spent a couple hours of my Friday evening modifying my M24.

I love the watch, actually for me it's probably the next best thing to a Panerai without looking like a PAM. I don't want to wear a homage. Of course, I cannot afford a PAM. Anyway the only thing that bugged me the most was the fact that all hands were rather short in length and wished that the second hand and the minute hand would actually reach the minute markers. Also the fact that this isn't a diver and the bezel resemblence to B&R, I thought I could turn this into more of a pilot style watch.

I wasn't sure whether I should tinker with this limited edition M24 thinking resale value et all, but come on now, what Lum-Tec watch isn't a limited edition? those two words don't mean that much when it comes to LT I think.

So I got myself a set of hands for a 44mm pilot, scraped the lume off and re-lumed the hands myself to match the green C3 lume on dial. I mixed a little bit of aqua lume and I got the color right, but in the dark, the hands glow slightly blue than green. Wrong mix ratio... but I'll live with that. Applying lume on the hands was a b-i-a-*-c-h tho, took lie 3 tries to get even spread on the long hands. Lume is pretty damn good though, considering that I used aftermarket luminova paste.

I tried to get a set of pilot hands from Gunther at Steinhart but he didn't reply. I managed to find them on-line tho. It's too bad because it would've been a great chance to find out whether Steinhart uses truly blue-flamed hands or just blue-painted hands. Oh well.

Anyway it's time to share the result with you fellow WUS members. Hopefully some of you will like the new look, I am thinking of painting the second hand red, just have to figure out what material would work best.

Have a great weekend!

Re: Modding a Lum-Tec M24 Tungsten

Really like what you did....looks great! The hands really give it a different look!

WnS

Good job there, as much as I hate to admit it, the stock hands on the M23/24/25 watches look like they're made of cardboard. I would change hands on my M23 given the chance, but I'm willing to forgive it for now because all the other traits of the watch are redeeming.
    I'm content with my watch collection

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

thx worker, feels like a new watch,

WnS, my exact thoughts...

Great job with the lume. I think it looks much much better than the stock Lum-tec. Must be nice and hefty with the tungsten also! Wear it in good health!
    Nomos Orion Anthracite; Destro watches: Ω "Great White" GMT, MKII Blackwater, Sinn EZM1 LE, IWC 3536-001, MKII Kingston, Precista Speedbird I, Casio MR-G120, Casio GW-5000, Sinn EZM2; Former Watches: Corvus Bradley

Thread Information