Moderators and members: Please discuss this possibility!

Thread: Moderators and members: Please discuss this possibility!

Moderators and members: Please discuss this possibility!

I am a fairly new member and I love this forum. I didn't join to sell or just buy, but to find people that would enjoy comments about one of my healthy addictions: Watches.

Of course I did notice the "For sale" part of the forum and bamm, bought a couple of watches last week from members of this forum. Great transactions, great watches. I am concerned about a lot of "deals gone bad" or "People joining just to sell" .

Here is what I propose: A) We create an "itrader" score for each member that will effectively create a reputation to the member (see for example M3forum), B) Each transaction (sale) the seller will contribute a nominal fee that will go to WUS forum. Just a few ideas to discourage scammers and low lifes from trying.

Thanks for reading.
    Current: : ETA FREE collection-!
    A few pieces...

Re: Moderators and members: Please discuss this possibility!

This was discussed before and addressed. buyers and sellers need to do there own homework when stepping into the sales arena. no imposed new rules will safeguard everyone. there is also a deals section and an inquires section at the disposal of all members to ask about a seller 1st or to see if they are listed as a good or bad guy. heres the link to the discussion from before, so this should really end this thread.
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=130751

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bond View Post
    I am a fairly new member and I love this forum. I didn't join to sell or just buy, but to find people that would enjoy comments about one of my healthy addictions: Watches.

Of course I did notice the "For sale" part of the forum and bamm, bought a couple of watches last week from members of this forum. Great transactions, great watches. I am concerned about a lot of "deals gone bad" or "People joining just to sell" .

Here is what I propose: A) We create an "itrader" score for each member that will effectively create a reputation to the member (see for example M3forum), B) Each transaction (sale) the seller will contribute a nominal fee that will go to WUS forum. Just a few ideas to discourage scammers and low lifes from trying.

Thanks for reading.
    Not again please. Imho nuff was said. If you propose an "itrader" please tell us who should do all the administrative work ? Could easily become a full-time job
    We have about 1500 to 2500 visitors/users (not per day ) and about 23.000 members which means a lot of traffic every minute !

No, please let's proceed in the way it is. Buyers should do their homework, check "watch deals" on a regular basis and be alert at every time.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

For those that don't know me, I am one of the moderators for the Sales Corner. We diligently work (as other moderators can attest) to fish out the deals that just don't quite seem right. We do catch some on a regular basis. I caught one yesterday with the help of a member. It's up to members to let us know when something isn't right. The members that seem to get involved with a bad deal have generally done one of a few things:

1. Not done their homework by investigating the seller/buyer
    2. Trusted a buyer/seller blindly
    3. Wanted to believe the deal was so good they decided to proceed anyway.
    4. Used a payment method that was suspect.

For the number of deals that are done here on a daily basis, the success rate is quite high.

Todd
    BROKER

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Not again please. Imho nuff was said. If you propose an "itrader" please tell us who should do all the administrative work ? Could easily become a full-time job
    We have about 1500 to 2500 visitors/users (not per day ) and about 23.000 members which means a lot of traffic every minute !

No, please let's proceed in the way it is. Buyers should do their homework, check "watch deals" on a regular basis and be alert at every time.

Sorry if I posted something already discussed. As I said, I am a NEWBIE.
    Just my contribution as a (expected to be) member.
    Current: : ETA FREE collection-!
    A few pieces...

this is something that i noticed or missed, there isn't a report a post/thread to moderator function in the forum. alot of times, there isn't a way to alert a moderator other than pm. is it designed this way or did i just miss the button?

Quote Originally Posted by manhattanproj View Post
    this is something that i noticed or missed, there isn't a report a post/thread to moderator function in the forum. alot of times, there isn't a way to alert a moderator other than pm. is it designed this way or did i just miss the button?
    Note the red and white triangle to the left.
    This sends the post as well as your reason for reporting it to the Moderator's forum for review.
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by manhattanproj View Post
    ......or did i just miss the button?

Indeed you did

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic View Post
    Note the red and white triangle to the left.
    This sends the post as well as your reason for reporting it to the Moderator's forum for review.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Indeed you did
    got it.

Thread Information