Modern vs vintage diver
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Modern vs vintage diver

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Modern vs vintage diver

What to do on a rainy Sunday? I take out my only two divers and admire them. The Technos Diver and the Rolex Submariner, vintage vs modern diver. I very slightly prefer the size and proportion of the vintage diver over the maxi case and I have to say the patina on the Technos is really charming. It will be a perfect world if the Technos is dateless as well. I guess I am spoilt by modern quick-set date feature, find it a hassle to change date the old fashion way.

Nothing much to say about the Sub except it is very versatile and literally bulletproof.💪🏻

Aesthetically which do you like more?
    Attached Images Attached Images

jaspert likes this.
    Present: Montblanc Villeret 1858 Vintage Pulsographe/ Gronefeld 1941 Principia/ Omega DSOTM Apollo 8/ Rolex Submariner 114060/ Kurono Tokyo “Eggshell”/ Bulova Computron/ Casio G-Shock GW5000-1JF

Grails
    : A. Lange & Sohne 1815 Annual Calendar/ Patek Philippe 5170G / Sarpaneva Lunations

My Instagram

Re: Modern vs vintage diver

Great pieces bro, nice to see u here on WUS!

Technos every time for pure looks.

It has a diver useable fully marked bezel and a date window which is always useful. The style is just classic and for me that is a watch to make you smile when you wear it.
    If I fail to reply to your inane post just assume you are on the ignore list.

I bought a knackered clock.... https://carlsclock.blogspot.com/ Updated 29/4/19

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I am very biased (towards anything related to Rolex). So my vote is the sub. But honestly, i will never dive with a Rolex.
    follow me on my instagram @beckham1972sg

Thanks bro! And you are?
    Quote Originally Posted by userealwasabi View Post
    Great pieces bro, nice to see u here on WUS!
    Present: Montblanc Villeret 1858 Vintage Pulsographe/ Gronefeld 1941 Principia/ Omega DSOTM Apollo 8/ Rolex Submariner 114060/ Kurono Tokyo “Eggshell”/ Bulova Computron/ Casio G-Shock GW5000-1JF

Grails
    : A. Lange & Sohne 1815 Annual Calendar/ Patek Philippe 5170G / Sarpaneva Lunations

My Instagram

I agree with you especially the smile factor. It does put a small smile on me whenever I wear it.

However I have a different view regarding the date window. It looks alright IMO but the dial would look even better without it.

And due to the lack of a quick set date feature, it is a hassle to set the date when you don’t wear the watch for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl.1 View Post
    Technos every time for pure looks.

It has a diver useable fully marked bezel and a date window which is always useful. The style is just classic and for me that is a watch to make you smile when you wear it.

Grails

My Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by aaroniusl View Post
    I agree with you especially the smile factor. It does put a small smile on me whenever I wear it.

However I have a different view regarding the date window. It looks alright IMO but the dial would look even better without it.

And due to the lack of a quick set date feature, it is a hassle to set the date when you don’t wear the watch for awhile.
    I get that, but quite like the fiddle!

I have a Poljot 3133 that I have to wind past the 12 back to the 10 and forward to the 12 each time I wear it to get the date right but i quite like the interaction with the watch, but, yes maybe a little less so when I am doing it 30 times. There is always time though so I just do it.
    If I fail to reply to your inane post just assume you are on the ignore list.

I bought a knackered clock.... https://carlsclock.blogspot.com/ Updated 29/4/19

That creamy tritium on that Tecnos is just sublime. It definitely gets my vote.

Follow me on Instagram @ciccio_started_it
    CURRENT: Charles Nicolet Chronograph, Kelbert Chronograph, Bulova Sea King Wrist Alarm, Desotos Panda & Reverse Panda Chronograph, BWC Monza Chronograph, Omega Dynamic, Tissot PR50, Marathon/Benrus Type II, Seikp SRPA21 PADI Turtle, Omega Speedmaster Pro, Doxa 300t 50th Anniversary Edition & a whole bunch of my own custom 'Regia Marina' Builds

Thats a hard choice!

I think because the sub would always be available to get in the future, the Technos.

I’m vintage and like modern watches so even if the modern diver wasn’t a Sub I’d still vote for it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information