Mondaine Watches Reviews
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Mondaine Watches Reviews

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mondaine Watches Reviews

Hi! I'm a new with watch collection and I happen to stumble upon the Mondaine brand of watches. Just wondering if anyone who knows about it or own one, thinks of it? In example is the reputation of the brand, quality and such. Thank you very much!! :grin:

Re: Mondaine Watches Reviews

The Mondaine look is what you are paying for, as the guts and quality are on par with other brands of comparable value (Fossil, Swatch, Timex, etc.). That is to say that you are not getting something of Swiss railway heritage manufacture, just a certain design look. The case of the Mondaine may be slightly better finished than other fashion watches, but not up to Shinola standard (I have to give Shinola credit for something, as they are so disparaged here on WUS).

The Mondaine will keep time and look good doing it. My local Costco often carries a pallet of them. Just be wary of the variety of sizes - some bid dial with thin strap can look a bit clownish.
    elyleco likes this.
    Tick-tock in RoK GMT+9, no DST
    --
    Not Seiko: Parmigiania Tonda 1950, Zenith El Primero Chronomaster, Piaget Upstream, Muhle Glashutte Seebataillon GMT, Eterna Madison Spherodrive, Vulcain Cricket 1951 Classic, Bell & Ross Space 3 GMT, Bulova Accutron Astronaut (c. 1966), Omega Speedmaster triple date, Sinn 556 Anniversary LE, IWC Cal. 89 (c. 1957), Glycine Airman SST-12, Pulsar Date II (c. 1971), Scurfa Diver One, G-Shock Rangeman 9400, Vostok Classica
    Seiko: Grand Seiko SBGT035, Credor Node GCAT996, Grand Seiko 5641-7000 (1972), "Ashtray Tuna" 7C46-6009 (1987), 6139-7069 "Blue Eye" chrono (1974), Bell-Matic 4006-7012 (1971), King Quartz 9223-5000 (1981), Seikomatic J13044 (1963), 6119-6400 UFO (1974), King Quartz 5855-5000 (1977), Silverwave 8221-5020 (1980), Majesta 9063-5020 (1984), SKX399K "Philippines"

There are higher levels of Mondaine that are powered by Sellita automatic movements, which are smooth 28,800 beat per hour. These are "Swiss Made" and on par with other Swiss watches at roughly the same price points. Same movement is inside Oris, Eterna, etc.

Sublimely comfortable Integrated leather to lugs, but note the large lug-to-lug, these are fairly big watches.

Last edited by yankeexpress; July 3rd, 2016 at 22:59.
    mleok, Sleeken, R.A.D. and 6 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MediumRB View Post
    The Mondaine look is what you are paying for, as the guts and quality are on par with other brands of comparable value (Fossil, Swatch, Timex, etc.). That is to say that you are not getting something of Swiss railway heritage manufacture, just a certain design look. The case of the Mondaine may be slightly better finished than other fashion watches, but not up to Shinola standard (I have to give Shinola credit for something, as they are so disparaged here on WUS).

The Mondaine will keep time and look good doing it. My local Costco often carries a pallet of them. Just be wary of the variety of sizes - some bid dial with thin strap can look a bit clownish.
    Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it. Been doing some research about it but it's always nice to hear another person's perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    There are higher levels of Mondaine that are powered by Sellita automatic movements, which are smooth 28,800 beat per hour. These are "Swiss Made" and on par with other Swiss watches at roughly the same price points. Same movement is inside Oris, Eterna, etc.

Sublimely comfortable Integrated leather to lugs, but note the large lug-to-lug, these are fairly big watches.

Very handsome watch! Thanks for the info! Would keep this in mind since I'm really into automatic watches. Thanks for sharing... Appreciate it!
    soundscape likes this.

I have the same retro automatic that's in the pics above and I really really like it. I also have an all black quartz that I'm not super fond of looks-wise but it's still a nice watch.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I have a quartz Railway watch that predates my WIS days, that I still wear from time to time because I like the design. I think it's 36MM, so my wife wears it sometimes too. I don't know if I'd spend twice the money for an automatic one.
    elyleco likes this.

My 40mm quartz version has significantly smaller lugs and is quite comfortable.

Name:  Mondaine 2.JPG
Views: 3661
Size:  85.9 KB

Name:  Mondaine.JPG
Views: 3630
Size:  101.7 KB
    Henry S likes this.
    Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints

Quote Originally Posted by Stoshman View Post

My 40mm quartz version has significantly smaller lugs and is quite comfortable.

[iurl="https://forums.watchuseek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8644418&d=1467655018"][/iurl]

[iurl="https://forums.watchuseek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8644426&d=1464614678"][/iurl]
    Nice watch! How's the watch so far for you? Feel and quality?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry S View Post
    I have a quartz Railway watch that predates my WIS days, that I still wear from time to time because I like the design. I think it's 36MM, so my wife wears it sometimes too. I don't know if I'd spend twice the money for an automatic one.
    Would you say it's worth it to buy? I can only afford quartz right now but also considering automatic movement.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information