Montblanc Star Chrono

Thread: Montblanc Star Chrono

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Montblanc Star Chrono

I just recently bought a Montblanc Star Chrono as my first luxury watch. There are not many reviews on montblanc watches anywhere, so I turn to you the professionals for help. I see that montblanc uses ETA movements, and I see a 7016 engraved on the casing. Is that a pretty decent movement? I have had zero problems with the watch so far, but the movement is a little noisy. Can anyone shed light on montblanc watchmaking? Thanks in advance for any help!

Re: Montblanc Star Chrono

As far as I know, there is no such thing as an ETA 7016. Its probably a 7750, which is known for being sorta noisy. Its arguably the most tried and tested chronograph movement around. Very solid, reliable, and accurate.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=190318

if you look at the case on the picture from this thread you can see it says 7016 on the case, I'm not sure what it means, I just assumed it was the ETA movement. Does anyone know the exact movement montblanc uses on its star chronograph?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek805 View Post
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=190318

if you look at the case on the picture from this thread you can see it says 7016 on the case, I'm not sure what it means, I just assumed it was the ETA movement. Does anyone know the exact movement montblanc uses on its star chronograph?
    It looks like a Valjoux 7750, and it also says it is the Valjoux 7750 in the seller's description. This is a solid, tested, reliable movement. The rotor tens to spin quite a lot, often referred to as the 'Valjoux wobble'. See if you can get it to do it while holding the watch in your hand and looking at the display back. Do you see the rotor spinning around?

7016 is the model number and it uses a Montblanc-modified 7750, the most common caliber in Swiss auto chronos since it was introduced in 1974. To its credit Montblanc, in just a decade of selling watches, went from designer to manufacturer when it premiered its first in-house movement (R100 and 200) this April in Geneva in a limited edition watch dedicated to the inventor of the chronograph mechanism. A Meisterstuck (masterpiece) from the photos.

Quote Originally Posted by spluurfg View Post
    It looks like a Valjoux 7750, and it also says it is the Valjoux 7750 in the seller's description. This is a solid, tested, reliable movement. The rotor tens to spin quite a lot, often referred to as the 'Valjoux wobble'. See if you can get it to do it while holding the watch in your hand and looking at the display back. Do you see the rotor spinning around?
    I do see the wobble, when i hold it in my hand the rotor swings back and forth. Watch has been pretty flawless so far, I bought it from an auction site (not ebay) that seemed pretty reliable. The only problem I have it the illuminecent hand isn't working in the dark. Do I need to expose it to the sun for an amount of time?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek805 View Post
    I do see the wobble, when i hold it in my hand the rotor swings back and forth. Watch has been pretty flawless so far, I bought it from an auction site (not ebay) that seemed pretty reliable. The only problem I have it the illuminecent hand isn't working in the dark. Do I need to expose it to the sun for an amount of time?
    Yes, any light source of reasonable intensity will charge up the lume. If you put it under a lamp for a few seconds and take it into a dark room you should see it.

I not 100% sure, but I think WatchTime Magazine may have just done a review on this watch. I'll check when I get home.
    Greetings from that Island they call Long!

Gorgeous watch---I had one and just sold it--it uses the Valjoux 7750 movement...I loved the onion crown with snow flake design and the detail on the case... I believe MB recently bought a watch movement manufacturer....MB is owned by the Richemont Watch Group who own Vacheron, IWC, Panerai, JLC,ALS, etc...

Good luck with it....
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sendel View Post
    I not 100% sure, but I think WatchTime Magazine may have just done a review on this watch. I'll check when I get home.
    Cool, that would be really beneficial to check out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information