Moon phase watch up to 3000$

Thread: Moon phase watch up to 3000$

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Moon phase watch up to 3000$

Hi,

I hve been an avid reader of this great forum for some time now. In the meantime my passion for watches have grown. I have thought a lot about getting a really "nice" watch and since I work in suit and tie I have decided to go for a dress watch.

I like moonphases as I think it gives the watch a connection to the universe

I have been looking around but moonphases seems to be pretty rare, maybe just not in fashion.

I have come across these three watches that I like.

First the Omage Speedmaster. The Omega seems to be a true quality piece and a classic watch. However i rerally dislike their 007 theme overgone product placement thingy.

Then there is the Longines which has a nice classic look to it. Longines seems to be on a rebound. What are your thoughts on this brand and watch?

Then Oris also make a nice watch. There seems to be a lot of Oris fans around and I got the impression the brand gives a nice watch for the price. On top of that it's a bit cheaper so I perhaps could get the Seiko Marine Master in a few months

Anyone got some comments or any other suggestions to moonphase watches up to the price range or cheaper.
    Attached Images Attached Images

stuffler,mike

Re: Moon phase watch up to 3000$

Check out Chronoswiss Lunar (but above your limit), Armand Nicolet Arc Royal full calendar Chronograph Moon, Sinn, Limes, Longines L2.673.4.78.5, Guinand, Dubois1785, Eterna to name just some other brands.

This MIDO is also very nice:

Pic by Stundenzeiger.de

The Armand Nicolet Arc Royal full calendar Chronograph Moon looks incredible nice. But it appears to be out of production

Is the watch worth the price of 3k ? I found it on a german webshop for 2 k EUR

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I really like the Longines moonphase - probably my favorite moonphase - but did not want to spend that much at this point in time. I decided on the Oris and bought the Oris TT1 at the same time for way less than the Longines would have cost
    Anyways the Oris Artellier is a LOT of watch for the money and looks much better in person than it does from the internet photos. I have a really hard time capturing the beauty in my own photos but here is a shot.

I do not think you would be disappointed with this purchase

If you can't decide, go with the Oris and have left over cash for a Dive watch!
    ORIS Carlos Coste LE Chronograph
    Citizen 1000M Promaster "Autozilla"
    Seiko 6105-8110
    Bali Ha'i Model "C"
    Deep Blue 65 Chronograph
    Casio Frogman DW-8200BU-9AT "Gold Titan" Reissue
    Helson Sharkmaster 600

dfreemont moonphase valjoux 7751.

My vote goes for the Longines. I've been lookin' at that one myself. Also, if you want a cleaner dial, check out the BALL moonphase. Its also illuminated.

I personally love the look of the Longines Master Collection moon phase, and was seriously considering it until I saw how thick it was. Like a lot of other moon-phase chronos, it is about 14mm thick, which is an issue if you can't wear big watches.

I think the Oris is a much more manageable size. The design is more subdued and while it doesn't spur me like the Longines does, I still like it. The price is awesome for a moon-phase too.

If you like the Longines designs, check out the Evidenza moon phase -- since it's a Tonneau design, it's a bit easier to have a large watch since the case back is curved. I think it's also a bit smaller than the master since there's no chronograph.

Here are a few:

Armand Nicolet Complete Calendar Moon

Maurice Lacroix

If you haven't looked at it already, you might want to consider the Ball Engineer Master II Moonphase. I've seen it in person and came this close to purchasing it. Better pics and more info in the Ball Watch Forum here on WUS as well as ballwatch.com
    Name:  nm1082c-saj-bk.jpg
Views: 1421
Size:  20.1 KB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information