Which moonphase watch for around £1000?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Veda

Thread: Which moonphase watch for around £1000?

Which moonphase watch for around £1000?

I currently have a Ball Engineer II Moon Phase

Ball Watch USA | Moon Phase | Steel | Watch database watchtime.com
    Topper Jewelers » Ball » NM1082D-SAJ-BK

It took a knock on the bracelet and because I was insured the shop I bought it from said they will replace it with a new one or I can chose any watch up to a £1000. Any more and I have to pay the additional.

I'm still keen on having a moonphase watch. I did really like the Ball I had and wore it everyday (solidly built, perhaps the bracelet is a bit overdone on this one but overall it was the best watch for me I could find at this price--after research and trying others on). The newer Ohio version was out at the time but I preferred this model (as did everyone on the Internet as the moonphase lights up on this among other things).

I was inclined just to get a brand new version of the same but some of my friends say that I would be a bit silly not to replace it after 4+ years with a different watch that is now on the market.

Can you give me any advice?

What alternatives are there (any decent brand) on the market today around this price mark?
    Two things: I have slim wrists so I'd want something 40mm(ish) like my Ball. A bracelet is preferred, again because leather on a small wrist does not normally go well.

Or would I have to scrap the idea of having a moon phase because of lack of choice?

I'll appreciate a quick response as the store needs to know quick what I wish to do. Thanks.

Banned

Re: Which moonphase watch for around £1000?

I'd put some more $ and get the new much better Ball Moonphase.
    danfermat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Veda View Post
    I'd put some more $ and get the new much better Ball Moonphase.
    Which one is that? Link please. Any why is it much better?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think I've found it: Master Horologer: BALL Watch Trainmaster Moon Phase (it escaped my eye--I think because it's not in many UK stores yet).

Any further comments?

It's a more elegant and thin design compared to my engineer moon phase.

The Christopher Ward is a stunning watch

Name:  Christopher-Ward-c9-Moonphase-2.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  301.7 KB

I thought the Christopher Ward looked very attractive at first, however I had an appointment at the Christopher Ward showroom earlier this week and the difference between the pictures and real life was very marked. In my opinion the watch looks terrible in real life, the moon decal looks cheap and though it is just some glued on tin foil, and the whole moon dial sits a long way below the main dial, you can see a clear gap between the two. Clearly others will have their own opinions but I would suggest that if you are tempted by the CW then try to see one in real life before you pull the trigger.
    IWC: Portofino Hand Wound 8 day power reserve Breitling: Cosmonaute B04; Chronomat 44 NY Boutique edition (of 25); Transocean chronograph 1461; Transocean Unitime Worldtimer; B50 Night Mission Boutique Edition (Cobra Dial); SuperOcean Heritage Chronograph (44); Colt Chronograph; Navitimer World; Super Avenger II; B-1; Chronomat No 94 (limited); Crosswind B13055; Emergency Super Quartz: 2009 Top Time (1966) Omega: Planet Ocean Chronograph (46mm Orange Bezel & Strap); Seamaster Aqua Terra - Spectre Limited Edition: SeaMaster Dive 300 M Rio Olympic (Limited); Globemaster (Sedna bezel , Blue dial) Tudor: Pelagos 25600TB:Tag: Monaco Calibre 11 (Steve McQueen); Carrera Calibre 7 Twin Time: Frederique Constant: Manufacture Worldtimer: Others: A few

Perhaps this Oris Artelier Complication - available with black dial as well, 40mm, within the GBP1000 limit:
    Name:  11026_9088_581_7592_40_91_ls3.png
Views: 127
Size:  219.9 KB

Because the Chris Ward Moonphase is only available from CW it might be out of the question. The Oris 2014 complication is a very nice watch.

Thread Information