Most Accurate Watch You Own
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Most Accurate Watch You Own

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Most Accurate Watch You Own

The recent Seiko/ETA thread got me thinking about this- and I'll start by saying that I generally do not care about accuracy when choosing a piece. That however does not mean I ignore it in my current collection. In fact, I have noticed that some people get better performance from shared references than another member would. It is part of the beauty of the watch you own and love truly being 'yours.'

That being said- What is the most accurate (true mechanical) watch you own? For me, my Nomos Tangente is insanely accurate. I don't know if I am just lucky but it seems to regularly run within +/- 1 second in a 48 hour period. When I am not wearing it, it is face down and I wind it fully each morning.

I imagine autos and hand winds may have some variations, but all of that aside, I ask you- my fellow WUS'ers- what is YOUR most accurate mechanical watch?
    vandelsand likes this.
    Außerordentliche übel erfordern außerordentliche Mittel.

Rolex - Jaeger LeCoultre - Nomos - v. Seiko - Burberry

Re: Most Accurate Watch You Own

My most accurate are two....Towson and Bvlgari. They both use the ETA 2892-2.
    The Towson is a Top Grade and the Bvlgari is a COSC Grade.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

My 114060 is as accurate as +/- a half second a day if I rest it with the crown upwards at night.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I was just posting this stuff on another thread.

My two 3135 Rolex required two trips back to headquarters for hyper regulation and my friends thought I was being a complete nutter.
    From the beginning of October Its gained roughly a quarter of a second as seen below...it's easy to see if its gaining or losing. In that time I've done two short evenings 4-6 hrs each of face down for some minor correction. You can see here the cheeky thing is gaining....an overnight rest on its face in ten days time will bring it back to dead on time.

Last edited by Beater; October 27th, 2013 at 06:25.

My Omega AT 2500. +1 secs/day.
    Closely followed by my Sinn 256 (ETA 7750) which, after service, now runs at about +2 secs/day.

My Dynamic is the worst with an average of around +10, but quite a bit of positional variation and rather low amplitude. Time for a service I think.
    Last edited by GlennO; October 27th, 2013 at 05:08.

For all those that believe you MUST pay for accuracy.......Poljot hand-wind alarm watch. If stored properly overnight it MIGHT gain 1 second in 24 hours.
    woodsworth likes this.
    -Robert
    Buy what you like, keep what you love, don't spend too much.
    As long as you follow those simple rules - you shouldn't listen to anyone about your watches.

If accuracy is the only factor, my $85 gshock solar atomic beats just about anything. I don't find it that interesting though. My HMT has more character for half the price.

My Omega Speedy with the 1151 movement is about +1.2 sec cumulative when worn constantly. The daily variance can be as much as 3 seconds though. Honestly, I don't time most of my watches over as long or as consistently, I just pay attention to the Speedy since I was struck by how accurate it was with the relatively pedestrian movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Docrwm View Post
    For all those that believe you MUST pay for accuracy.......Poljot hand-wind alarm watch. If stored properly overnight it MIGHT gain 1 second in 24 hours.
    Yeah, I'll go ahead and agree with Docrwm. My skx007 (gave it to my brother after he took a liking to it on a fishing trip) was running at around +2 seconds a day- which is pretty "scary accurate" (especially at ~150 dollars)

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by movet22 View Post
    I'll start by saying that I generally do not care about accuracy when choosing a piece.
    I get what you're saying, but isn't it crazy when talking about watches ranging up to the five figures that accuracy doesn't play a part?

That said my Seiko quartz TUNA is my most accurate. My Volstok is my most inaccurate with a range of 1-3 minutes off per day, still not bad for an automatic that I paid $24.00 for, add in the cool factor and it was a steal.
    Last edited by Mike_Dowling; October 27th, 2013 at 05:05.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information