Most impressive watches when looking only at exterior build (case,bracelet, crystal) $500/$1,000
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Most impressive watches when looking only at exterior build (case,bracelet, crystal) $500/$1,000

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Most impressive watches when looking only at exterior build (case,bracelet, crystal) $500/$1,000

I'm on a mission to find a really nice quartz watch. I love the accuracy and low-maintenance nature of quartz watches. With that being said, I also like things that are built well and will last. What is your opinion of the best bang-for-buck quartz watch under $500 and under $1,000? I know this is the high-accuracy quartz forum, but I'm not super concerned with perfect accuracy. The accuracy of a normal quartz watch is sufficient for me. I'm more concerned with a watch that's built well on the outside and is also beautiful to look at. I tend to prefer watches with simple faces. The top two contenders that I've heard about so far are the Casio Oceanus S100 ($500) and the Aqua Terra Quartz ($1,000ish used).
    pkulak likes this.

Re: Most impressive watches when looking only at exterior build (case,bracelet, crystal) $500/$1,000

Quote Originally Posted by traab View Post
    I know this is the high-accuracy quartz forum, but I'm not super concerned with perfect accuracy. The accuracy of a normal quartz watch is sufficient for me.
    Don't post in the high accuracy quartz forum then?

Re: Most impressive watches when looking only at exterior build (case,bracelet, crystal) $500/$1,000

You have already zero'd in on the best choice:

OCW-S100-1AJF.OCW-S100-7A2JF

Casio Oceanus and MRG cases are made by Seiko in the factory that also makes Grand Seiko and Credor watches.

traab likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hughesyn View Post
    Don't post in the high accuracy quartz forum then?
    Where do you suggest I post? I couldn't find a more appropriate place. I'm set on getting a quartz and figured you guys would be the most knowledgeable about them.
    Last edited by traab; February 6th, 2018 at 21:27.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    You have already zero'd in on the best choice:

OCW-S100-1AJF.OCW-S100-7A2JF

Casio Oceanus and MRG cases are made by Seiko in the factory that also makes Grand Seiko and Credor watches.

Yeah, i keep liking it more and more (and I started out liking it quite a bit).

Quote Originally Posted by traab View Post
    Where do you suggest I post? I couldn't find a more appropriate place. I'm set on getting a quartz and figured you guys would be the most knowledgeable about them.
    I'd also consider the Affordables forum. Lots of people there care about quartz watches in this price range.
    traab likes this.

The Oceanus is a good choice if buying new. Older used Grand Seiko quartz models can be found for under $1k. Maybe a bit more for newer used models. Same for The Citizen HAQ's. Hard to find a nicer build and finish for the money. Used AT quartz comes close, externally at least.

Since it syncs to the atomic clock, the Casio Oceanus qualifies as "high accuracy".

Quote Originally Posted by Ron521 View Post
    Since it syncs to the atomic clock, the Casio Oceanus qualifies as "high accuracy".
    It depends what you mean by 'qualifies'.

A watch won't qualify as HAQ in our high accuracy quartz forum if its accuracy is dependent on an external time reference.

You may consider a Tag Carrera Date or something from Oris. Very well built. Lots of bang for your buck
    traab likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information