Movado Question
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By murph145
  • 2 Post By ajbutler13

Thread: Movado Question

Movado Question

A few years ago I received a Movado watch as a gift. I don't know the model name; it has a black dial with a 1940's vibe to it, although it is not vintage nor, obviously, the museum model. I wear it when my clothes are black, gray or what have you, and think it's quite handsome. A Google search landed me on this forum which I'm delighted to find, even though a forum member blasted Movado as "monotonous, recognized and held in esteem by the average slob on the street."
    My question -- when a members seeks feedback on this forum, is this the quality of response one can expect?? To get belittled and trashed by some presumptuous dork?
    Your truly,
    Slob on the Street

Re: Movado Question

If you come to the forum calling people who you solicit the opinions of 'dorks' then I would respectfully suggest that this thread is nothing more than troll-bait.

You purposefully want a negative reaction rather than to find opinions on your watch.

I, for one, would love to see pictures of your watch. Would you like to share any?
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by slimm View Post
    A few years ago I received a Movado watch as a gift. I don't know the model name; it has a black dial with a 1940's vibe to it, although it is not vintage nor, obviously, the museum model. I wear it when my clothes are black, gray or what have you, and think it's quite handsome. A Google search landed me on this forum which I'm delighted to find, even though a forum member blasted Movado as "monotonous, recognized and held in esteem by the average slob on the street."
    My question -- when a members seeks feedback on this forum, is this the quality of response one can expect?? To get belittled and trashed by some presumptuous dork?
    Your truly,
    Slob on the Street
    Unfortunately, you'll get junk responses like that here more than I'd like, but you also get reasoned responses. You just have to wade through the crap on occasion.

That said, you HAVE committed one serious offense already....
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I wouldn't take anyone's criticism to heart, one of my first watches was a movado I thought it was cool. As long as you like it that is all that matters. Don't worry about the haters out there this is internet life not real life which makes it really easy to hate lol
    rfortson likes this.

Around here, there is universal acclaim for exactly 0 (ZERO) watches. Once you understand that, random criticism is much easier to swallow.
    UberDave and SodiumMonkey like this.

I stumbled upon this thread and I can relate to the OP because I to have been searching this thread for Movado content and came across a similar (if not the same) thread. I was bothered because I have been visiting the Seiko threads (as I have a new found interest in Seiko) and they are so friendly. I have been researching Movado because I am getting a Movado Museum for Christmas and I am looking forward to it. It will be my most high end watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakumi View Post
    I stumbled upon this thread and I can relate to the OP because I to have been searching this thread for Movado content and came across a similar (if not the same) thread. I was bothered because I have been visiting the Seiko threads (as I have a new found interest in Seiko) and they are so friendly. I have been researching Movado because I am getting a Movado Museum for Christmas and I am looking forward to it. It will be my most high end watch.
    Step 1: Dare to have the courage of your convictions
    A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Annual Calendar | Glashütte Original Senator Observer | Rolex GMT-II 116710 BLNR | Panerai 00524 Flyback | Tudor Pelagos | Magrette Dual Time

Thread Information