Movado Sub Sea/Zenith Defy...Help...

Thread: Movado Sub Sea/Zenith Defy...Help...

Movado Sub Sea/Zenith Defy...Help...

Just picked this up and it is a rare one indeed. Its all Movado down to the crown and rotor but...Curious if some of the more knowledgable members can clear up what this is. I know Zenith Defy's are hard to find but this is a Movado Sub Sea Defy with the Zenith high beat PC 2562 movt. Anyone have any more info on these or why it has a Zenith pc movt. with a Movado factories rotor?

Thanks everyone in advance, interesting in possibly selling also to help fund my grail marinemaster.

Re: Movado Sub Sea/Zenith Defy...Help...

Mondia, Zenith and Movado were all consolidated in 1969 into the MZM holding company.

Zenith movements appeared in Movados and vice versa. With respect to high frequency movements, Zenith brought the El Primero 3019PHC (chronograph) and Movado brought the 405 /8 movements (automatic date-day/date). These movements along with the 25X2 family of movements were used in watches from both Zenith and Movado. It is not too uncommon to open watches from Movado and see Zenith rotors and vice versa during the late 60s and early 70s.

I appreciate the info. Ive seen a few vintage Zenith defy's, but not a Movado one, especially with a red dial. Thanks again-

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Those indices are serious.
    Better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done...

Thread Information