movement sliding in case

Thread: movement sliding in case

movement sliding in case

Hi guys I wanted to get your opinion on this. I just got a used piece with a eta 2895. I noticed it was making a light clicking when I rotate the watch. Upon inspection of the display back I notice that the movement slides about .25-.5mm in the case. It is keeping excellent time but wonder of there may be long term affects of the sliding. What do you guys think? Should I bring it in to be repaired or leave it alone?

Banned

Re: movement sliding in case

Repair. It should be fairly easy. You will eventually ruin the seal between the case and stem.

Re: movement sliding in case

Quote Originally Posted by mrtime View Post
    Hi guys I wanted to get your opinion on this. I just got a used piece with a eta 2895. I noticed it was making a light clicking when I rotate the watch. Upon inspection of the display back I notice that the movement slides about .25-.5mm in the case. It is keeping excellent time but wonder of there may be long term affects of the sliding. What do you guys think? Should I bring it in to be repaired or leave it alone?
    .5mm is a lot of movement - it should be fixed soon. Sounds like someone was inside doing a repair.

Thread Information