Movie Blunder
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Movie Blunder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Movie Blunder

I just watched the monie Self/less, a fictional movie staring Ben Kingsley and Ryan Reynolds. Reynolds wore a PAM 312, a watch I coincidentally happen to own. It features the p9000 automatic calibre with a small seconds at 9 o'clock and a date function. The watch could be seen constantly throughout the movie, but unfortunately the producers chose to add a digital alarm function, a nonexistent feature to the watch. I found this quite irritating and distracting, and must admit it made the movie less enjoyable. What a shame.
    Last edited by T1meout; December 26th, 2015 at 22:25.

Banned

Re: Movie Blunder

....and I thought the thread was going to be about Bond wearing an Omega....

You know you're a WIS when... you can't suspend disbelief when it comes to watches. Lol
    Sinn 556I MWW Westminster Seiko Black Monster Tissot T-Race Chrono G Shock Mudman 3031
    The WIS bug runs in the family

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by exxtinguishable View Post
    You know you're a WIS when... you can't suspend disbelief when it comes to watches. Lol
    I guess so. I just wish they had gotten their facts straight.

The sad thing is if they needed an alarm for the plot Panerai has plenty, the 046, 098, 238 and 335 off the top of my head. While I agree you must suspend belief watching a movie I also have issues with technical details that are wrong BUT could easily have been correct without impacting the story telling.
    T1meout likes this.
    ALS Blancpain Breguet Chopard GO Hamilton Hexa Hublot IWC JLC Omega Panerai Patek Rolex Tag Tudor Seiko Sinn UN Vacheron

Haven't seen the film, but based on its 21% Rotten Tomatoes rating I'm guessing the director was already in over his head before considering which models in Panerai's catalog actually boast an alarm complication.
    cryptguard, T1meout and DVC like this.
    A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Annual Calendar | Glashütte Original Senator Observer | Rolex GMT-II 116710 BLNR | Panerai 00524 Flyback | Tudor Pelagos | Magrette Dual Time

I know what you mean. I'm going to be pissed if I buy this watch and it doesn't have the 500k volt projectile stun dart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by UberDave View Post
    Haven't seen the film, but based on its 21% Rotten Tomatoes rating I'm guessing the director was already in over his head before considering which models in Panerai's catalog actually boast an alarm complication.
    LOL!

I also watched the movie last week and must say the product placement worked on me. Never concide
    red a panerai and this movie got me thinking. Unfortunately my wrists are not big enough. Thought it was a good movie though...
    T1meout and scooby like this.

How about in Gravity, when Sandra Bullock is using a digital watch on an EVA? They did their homework to make the film look about as realistic as possible, but I guess for the sake of creating drama...a digital timer makes more sense to convey to the audience - the extra urgency of the situation - as opposed to the Speedmaster's analog face (although I believe the Speedie did make an appearance or two in the film).
    T1meout likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information