MUST SEE: Watch Repair in Microgravity

Enjoy:

[youtube=600]2L0g7zNVWQo[/youtube]
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Founder and former site owner, Watchuseek.com

Re: MUST SEE: Watch Repair in Microgravity

That. Is. AWESOME!

Thanks for sharing that! Would be cool to see a mechanical movement taken apart in that enviroment...Just for the all of the floating pieces.
    Cheers!
    Craig M.
    Somerville, MA
    The Escapement Watch Blog
    The Escapement on Twitter

“If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker.” - Albert Einstein

Watches:
    Breitling Super Avenger Chronograph . Rolex Rebberg Trench Watch . Tag Heuer F1 Chrono . Tissot T-Touch . Tissot T-Race . Million Smart Flying Tourbillon . Zodiac Dragon Wing . Invicta Skeleton 3379 . Invicta Pro Diver 8926 . Scooby-Doo Chrono [A7750] . Alpha "Sea" . Alpha Jump Hour . Vostok CK-1 Orange . Poljot 2614.2H Movement . Gruen Quartz 'Soviet' . G-Shock GW300A-1V / G9000-8V 'Stormtrooper' . Timex Perpetual Calender . Vintage Helbros [Felsa 690 Mvt] ....Among others

Go Yankees!

MUST SEE: Watch Repair in Microgravity

Oh yeah ... really kewl. Thank you Ernie!

Cheers!
    Bill
    All who wander are not lost ...
    Be a traveler, not a tourist.

A traveler doesn't know where he's going,
    a tourist doesn't know where he's been.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

As much as I would think micro gravity is awesome and be in, I would want to repair a watch with gravity. :) Pretty cool stuff.

Sorry: what watch is that? Is it a personal watch, or a NASA piece? I'm surprised at two 'malfunctions'....
    I think I may make bold to say, that there is neither any other Mechanical or Mathematical thing in the world
    that is more beautiful or curious in texture than this my watch or Timekeeper....

-John Harrison

The beauty of the Swiss watch lay in its precision, and its precision had sprung from modesty. It did not have to be an orrery or a tower clock
    any more than a yodeler has to sing in symphonies, and this friendliness to restriction had left the designers within easy reach of perfection.
    -Mark Helprin

A Soldier of the Great War

Quote Originally Posted by icqcq View Post
    Sorry: what watch is that? Is it a personal watch, or a NASA piece? I'm surprised at two 'malfunctions'....
    It's an Omega X-33 Speedmaster...It was developed and prototyped with NASA astronauts. It's considered one of the 4 watches officially authorized by NASA for missions [though crews can also bring a person watch with them, if they choose]. Correct me if I'm wrong but they are: The Omega Speedmaster, Timex Ironman, Casio G-Shock and the Omega X-33 [I'm not 100% sure if the G-Shock, and Ironmans are model specific or if any model is authorized]
    Last edited by Craig M; January 15th, 2009 at 16:57.
    Cheers!
    Craig M.
    Somerville, MA
    The Escapement Watch Blog
    The Escapement on Twitter

“If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker.” - Albert Einstein

Watches:
    Breitling Super Avenger Chronograph . Rolex Rebberg Trench Watch . Tag Heuer F1 Chrono . Tissot T-Touch . Tissot T-Race . Million Smart Flying Tourbillon . Zodiac Dragon Wing . Invicta Skeleton 3379 . Invicta Pro Diver 8926 . Scooby-Doo Chrono [A7750] . Alpha "Sea" . Alpha Jump Hour . Vostok CK-1 Orange . Poljot 2614.2H Movement . Gruen Quartz 'Soviet' . G-Shock GW300A-1V / G9000-8V 'Stormtrooper' . Timex Perpetual Calender . Vintage Helbros [Felsa 690 Mvt] ....Among others

Go Yankees!

Thread Information