MVMT watches - what a crock of S&!+
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: MVMT watches - what a crock of S&!+

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

MVMT watches - what a crock of S&!+

I am watching football and keep seeing these MVMT commercials.

These guys keep saying how all other watches are made for a fraction of what they sell for - but theirs are different! They created a movement so you donít have to overpay.

The reality is they sell quartz Chinese crap, not even sapphire crystal and no bracelet for $150ish.

Holy crap Batman, that same watch at JC Penney would only be $30.

they are literally scamming the unknowing public and this commercial should be shut down. They are all marketing, praying on suckers.

had to vent....
    robrobsen likes this.

Re: MVMT watches - what a crock of S&!+

Do they wear 'Pinky Rings' and checkered pants?

Yeah, sadly thereís a lot of these fashion brands making a killing. The masses donít really know what theyíre buying and I donít think they really care either. I feel like if your going to go down that road, at least get a Timex. Sure, theyíre Chinese crap too, but at least your not overpaying for it. Thereís so many great quality quartz out there to still choose from but they get no advertising. I had a Tissot Everytime that and a Mondaine Evo that had a Swiss Quartz eta movement, sapphire crystal, and the seconds hand hit all the indices perfectly. And they were both less than $125 new. Marketing is whatís making companies like MVMT and DW so big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Robot L337 and brandon\ like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I read that recently MVMT was bought by the Movado group.
    "This thing all things devours:
    Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
    Gnaws iron, bites steel,
    Grinds hard stones to meal;
    Slays king, ruins town,
    And beats high mountain down."
    J.R.R. Tolkien

Agreed. Utter garbage. About the same as the dollar shave club, but at least their commercials are amuzing.

The way algorithms and targeted marketing works these days and given how much time I spend looking at (proper) watches online, my social feeds are flooded with crap. I wish the algorithms could stop confusing MVMT with IWC.
    Tom-HK likes this.
    There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going

If I don't see the word's "heritage" or "craftmanship" in a watch adverts, then no thank you. Or a brand ambassador. A good brand ambassador does wonders for me. Let's me know I'm buying quality.

Also, if there is a plane in the background, forget it. I can't get my wallet out fast enough. Even though I can't fly and have a deep distrust for anything with wings.

Good for them. These guys are millionaires by selling garbage watches, except people are buying them and Iím guessing are happy with their purchase. Would any of us get one? Probably not, but you canít hate on some dudes who thought of using stupid instagram into making a ..... ton of money. Wish I thought of this 10 years ago!
    MOV, joepac, afremont and 12 others like this.

The same can be said about car makers, camera makers, whatever--but for a practical down to earth example---how about fountain and ball pens? There are some that cost more than many of the watches discussed here, there are sites that worship pens as much as watches are worshipped here, and they are used everywhere, in one form or another, around the world. However, a great many pens are made simply to perform the task of writing, and are made very cheaply, and are bought by many people. Different needs, different markets, different people. Is it really necessary to assume that all watch makers must toe some higher line simply because some people have set the bar rather high? I don't see why.

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    The same can be said about car makers, camera makers, whatever--but for a practical down to earth example---how about fountain and ball pens? There are some that cost more than many of the watches discussed here, there are sites that worship pens as much as watches are worshipped here, and they are used everywhere, in one form or another, around the world. However, a great many pens are made simply to perform the task of writing, and are made very cheaply, and are bought by many people. Different needs, different markets, different people. Is it really necessary to assume that all watch makers must toe some higher line simply because some people have set the bar rather high? I don't see why.
    The difference between collector pens and fine watches is that those pens are bought to be collected and shown, not used, as they lose value if used. Most of us who buy fine timepieces intend to wear them, not merely place them in a box or tray to be admired.
    brandon\ likes this.
    Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information